Be a force for change in your organization.
Our Leadership in Action course is action-focused in content and delivery. More than ever, professionals must be able to empower people to lead with extraordinary poise, heart, and skill. Leadership in Action provides professionals with a powerful new foundation, key diagnostic concepts, action strategies informed by cutting-edge research, and extraordinary new beginnings beyond your traditional ways to lead.
The program is an opportunity to think deeply about your own leadership, purpose, and "default" reactions and to develop new ways of approaching the complex challenge of strengthening the capacity of others in today’s evolving, interdependent world. Designed for professionals from a wide range of organizations and sectors the course takes an immersive, experiential approach to leadership, and participants are expected to help shape conversation, identify and question their own ideas about leadership, and exercise leadership throughout the program in a highly-interactive learning environment (without Power Point.)
All courses include:
Who should attend
- Individuals attempting to exercise leadership in their organization in everyday situations
- Teams wrestling with implementing or accelerating the innovative ideas
- Rising managers seeking to enhance their leadership capacities and individual skills
- Managers and Executives ready to act courageously in risky situations, by connecting to their own sources of inspiration and commitment
What you will learn
- Diagnose the evolving dynamics of the class itself as a case-in-point for collective learning, problem solving, and change
- Tap into others’ aspirations while working with the pressing disorienting realities of the work of leadership
- Respond productively to opposition without losing focus and by staying anchored in enduring values while renewing trust
- Mobilize stakeholders to work adaptively to build new capacity
- Create instant collaboration through a unique peer learning framework aimed at reflecting in action with peers
- Deepen your own ability to reflect in action by experiencing both the “perspirational” and “inspirational” aspects of leadership
Adjunct Professor, Carey Business School
Adriano Pianesi has 20 years of leadership development, team coaching, and change experience built on capacity development, possibility thinking, and sound strategy. A member of the Society for Organizational Learning, Pianesi holds an MBA in Communication and Group Dynamics from the University of Milan. Pianesi trained at Harvard Business School, Harvard Kennedy School, and the Art of Hosting, where he refined his repertoire of experiential and innovative teaching practices. His consulting practice has helped leaders work for change by harnessing the powers of conflict, diversity, and complexity. Among his clients are Microsoft, Philip Morris International, the World Bank Group, Rotary International, Pan-American Health Organization, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, NASA, U.S. Marine Corps.