Executive Education Policies
Important Executive Education information and policies
Johns Hopkins University and Executive Education are committed to making all academic programs, support services, and facilities accessible to persons with disabilities. If accommodations are needed during your time with us, and you did not indicate a need on the registration form, please email us at Carey.ExecEd@jhu.edu. We ask that requests for accommodations are made on or before the registration deadline for the course.
A certificate is awarded at the end of each course or certificate program, which indicates that you have participated and engaged in the course in its entirety. We understand that unforeseen commitments may arise, but we require that you not miss more than two hours of a three-day session, one hour of a two-day session, and require that you are present for the full length of a one-day session.
We understand that schedules change, and emergencies happen. If you need to cancel or transfer your attendance, please contact us at least one week prior to the start date of the course at Carey.ExecEd@jhu.edu.
Registrants who do not cancel or transfer within the given timeframe, or do not attend the course, will not receive a refund. If you are a Johns Hopkins University employee, your department budget will be charged the full cost of tuition.
Please note that we require a 30-day cancellation or transfer notice for participants in the Health Care Leadership and Management program.
Credit card refund policy
Course cancellations must be received at least one week prior to the session start date. Payments made via credit card will be automatically refunded in five-seven business days as long as the cancellation is made less than 120 days after the payment date. For credit card payments cancelled 120 days or more after the payment has been processed, please contact us directly at 410-234-9363.
Discounts and incentives
At the Carey Business School, supporting professional growth and advancement is part of our mission. We are pleased to offer the following scholarships and incentives to help you achieve your career goals.
1) Johns Hopkins University employees receive 100 percent tuition remission, covering the cost of tuition for all programs. The $5,250 annual family limit does not apply to Executive Education at the Carey Business School. Once a participant submits the one-step online course registration form, their registration will be confirmed. No tuition remission form is required to complete your registration. For questions on the paperless tuition remission process please email Carey.ExecEd@jhu.edu.
2) Johns Hopkins Medicine and Johns Hopkins Health Systems employees receive a 20 percent tuition scholarship on all programs. No additional forms or codes are necessary.
3) Johns Hopkins Carey Business School alumni receive a 100 percent tuition scholarship on one Executive Education program per calendar year. Alumni from all other Johns Hopkins University divisions receive a 50 percent tuition scholarship on one Executive Education program per calendar year.
Three seats per two- or three-day course will be reserved for alumni. Two seats will be reserved for Academy programs will be reserved for alumni. Seats will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are unable to enroll in a program in which you are interested, Johns Hopkins Executive Education will work with you to accommodate your request for select another program. For more information on the specific codes to be used at registration, email us at Carey.ExecEd@jhu.edu.
We understand that schedules change, and emergencies happen. If you need to cancel or transfer your attendance, please contact us at least one week prior to the start date of the course at Carey.ExecEd@jhu.edu. If you don't cancel your registration in the given timeframe, or do not attend the course, you will not be eligible for this benefit until the following calendar year.
4) For first time participants outside of the Johns Hopkins network, we offer a one-time 20 percent tuition scholarship on two- or three-day courses.
5) Employees of registered non-profits, NGO, and military personnel are eligible to receive an ongoing 20 percent tuition scholarship on two- or three-day courses.
6) We also offer custom group discounts and corporate partner incentives. For more information, email us at Carey.ExecEd@jhu.edu.
Carey Business School reserves the right to adjust incentives and scholarships at any time and without prior notice.
Please note that students may not apply multiple discounts to the cost of their tuition. Only the discount with the highest value will be applied.
Inclement weather policy
If an Executive Education program needs to be canceled because of a weather emergency or other instance, the Executive Education team will communicate any changes to the schedule through email and text alerts.
Intellectual property policy
The parties to this agreement acknowledge that intellectual property is owned by Johns Hopkins University and shall not be redistributed or used for anything other than personal use. Intellectual property includes, but is not limited to, faculty developed teaching materials in electronic and print formats such as slides, lecture notes, lab exercises, web pages, audio and video recordings of the faculty, distance education materials, software, survey instruments, research and teaching data, assessment tools, and manuals.
Depending on seat availability, registration for any course typically closes one week prior to scheduled course start. At that time, confirmed registrants will receive instructions on accessing the course materials through Insendi. If you have more questions about registration, email us at Carey.ExecEd@jhu.edu for further information.