Business minor for Johns Hopkins undergraduate students
Johns Hopkins Carey Business School offers Johns Hopkins undergraduates a focused, quantitative business minor that will prepare you for careers in small companies, major corporations, consultancies, as well as acceptance into graduate business programs.
Position yourself as a leader among your peers in the private sector, government, the non-profit sector, and the world of social enterprises. Graduating with a business minor, you will have the opportunity to enter a variety of business careers such as finance, management, real estate, marketing, accounting, and consulting.
At the conclusion of the program, you will be able to:
- Enter a variety of careers such as finance, management, real estate, marketing, accounting and consulting.
- Create, analyze, and implement value propositions about projects and products for the benefit of various stakeholders, from shareholders to local communities.
- Establish and manage brands and products as well as institutions and organizations.
- Build, manage, and grow valuable and lasting relationships with clients, customers, shareholders, creditors, and local communities.
- Recognize, understand, capitalize on, and generate changing trends in local and global economies.
- Be a responsible business leader and an engaged citizen of your communities, cities, and countries.
The business minor offers an instructional program that combines critical analysis and theoretical grounding in a broad set of required courses and hands-on experience through an experiential capstone course.
Undergraduate Business Minor Requirements
The Undergraduate Business Minor will require a total of 24 credits.
- BU.667.310 Business Analytics and Statistics (3)
- BU.667.311 Economics for Decision Making (3)
- EN.660.203 Financial Accounting (3)
- BU.667.312 Marketing Management (3)
- BU.667.313 Principles of Finance (3)
- BU.667.314 Operations Management (3)
- BU.667.315 Organizational Management (3)
- BU.667.400 Business Capstone (3)
Declaring the Minor
Students can declare the minor via SIS. Hover over the Registration tab in SIS and select “online forms.” Complete the “add a new major/minor” form. For questions or concerns, contact the Business Minor advisor: Michael Tyler at Carey_BusinessMinor@jhu.edu.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are eight required courses to complete the business minor. Required courses are noted above.
Business courses are open to all Johns Hopkins Arts & Sciences and Engineering students.
No. You may choose to take only a course or two. You do not have to declare the minor.
Advising for the minor will be handled by the Carey Business School’s Academic Programs & Advising Office. Questions about the minor can be addressed to Michael Tyler, Academic Advisor for the business minor at Carey_BusinessMinor@jhu.edu.