Earn a second MS degree in 9 months and MBA degree in 12 months*
Earn a second graduate degree in less time, with less expense. Differentiate yourself from other highly qualified candidates in a competitive marketplace. Grow a larger, more diverse network within Johns Hopkins University and beyond.
Interested in learning more?
Schedule a one on one session by contacting Sondra Smith
Current full-time MS class of August 2021
|April 6, 2022|
|April 27, 2022|
|May 18, 2022|
- Must currently be enrolled as a full time Carey student applying to a full time Carey program.
- Must be in good academic standing with a 2.85 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Must have all previous conditional requirements met from your first Carey Business School degree.
- New application for the second degree program (application fee is waived)
- New essay (must be different from original Carey Business School application essay)
- Updated resume
- Carey Business School transcript
- One new letter of recommendation (must be different from original Carey application)
Note: Any current student who was conditionally admitted to Carey must complete their conditional requirements as noted in their admission letters, such as submission of final transcripts with degree conferred or credential evaluation showing equivalency of a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
* Second degree program options require full-time enrollment. Course and credit requirements are determined by coursework completed in the first degree.
Use applicable course credits from previous Carey degree toward earning a second degree.
MS to MS
Minimum of 24 credits
MS to MBA
Minimum of 36 credits
MBA to MS
Minimum of 18 credits
- Second degree is not deferrable.
- Campus location is determined by the second degree program of choice.
- No gap year allowed when applying for the Second Degree. Must be a continuation (no break) from year of original graduation.
- Choice of program not transferable once the second degree is started.
- Original Carey degree must be completed before starting the second degree.
- Contact the Office of International Service for all updates ois.jhu.edu/
Programs and locations
- MS in Finance*
- MS in Health Care Management
- MS in Marketing*
- MS in Business Analytics and Risk Management*
- MS in Finance*
- MS in Information Systems*
- MS in Real Estate and Infrastructure
Note: The Second Degree Option is for full-time students planning to pursue a second full-time program. Part-time students interested in earning an additional degree at Carey should speak with their advisor about an appropriate program plan.