Our part-time MBA program is designed to fit the demanding schedules of working professionals. The quality you’d expect from Johns Hopkins, around a schedule that works for you.
Take classes online, on your schedule. You can choose from eight in-demand specializations, including business analytics and risk management; entrepreneurship, innovation, and technology; financial management; health care management, innovation, and technology; investments; digital marketing; entrepreneurial marketing; and public and private sector leadership.
Looking to advance your career? With our Online Flexible MBA program, you can tailor your schedule to your personal and professional obligations, while having the same access to experiential learning, student organizations, and networking opportunities as our in-person programs. Earning your MBA with Carey Business School can help expand your career opportunities, increase your earning potential, and become a more valuable asset to any organization.
Proven return on investment
Flexible MBA students reported $152,962 average base salary. 70% of part-time MBA students reported receiving a salary increase while 61% received a promotion. Learn more about the value of a flexible online MBA.
GMAT/GRE not required
The GMAT or GRE is not required. However, if applicant would like to submit a GMAT or GRE test score to enrich application, applicant is welcome to do so within the application. Bachelor’s degree required.
Eight in-demand specializations
You can choose from eight in-demand specializations to customize your online MBA experience.
Join online interactive courses, allowing for asynchronous and/or fully synchronous learning styles. Courses are designed by you to fit your schedule. Allowing the students to learn at the pace and style that works for best for them.
Tap into the Johns Hopkins ecosystem through experiential learning, student organizations, and networking opportunities to cultivate relationships with your peers. As a Flexible MBA student, you have the same opportunities to collaborate, work alongside your peers, and expand your network in a variety of both virtual and in-person settings.
Curricular In-Person Experiences
- Residencies - 2 days in Harbor East
- Accelerated Electives - 3 full days in Harbor East (and potentially DC and offsite)
- Global Immersions (10 days, off-site, Peru, Germany)
- Leadership Development Expedition (10 days, off-site, Norway and Belize)
- CIL Fellows Program - year-long cohort-based program
Online Experiential Learning
- CityLab - 2 eight-week courses
- Discovery to Market - 2 eight-week courses
- Health Care Strategy Consulting Practicum - 2 eight-week courses
- Strategy Consulting Practicum - 1 eight-week course
Non-curricular In-Person Experiences
- Impact Sprints – 1 day
- Case Competitions – 1 day event + preparation (can be done remotely)
- VCIC Competition – 1 day event + preparation (can be done remotely)
- Student Startup Challenge – 1 day
- Hexcite – 16 weeks, weekly classes and meetings
- MIINT – Six-month commitment, work can be done virtually, final competition is in-person
- Africa Business Conference – 1 day conference
- Healthcare Business Association Conference – 1 day
- Net Impact Conference – 1 day
- Leadership Pursuits - 1-3 day, off-site
*In-Person Experience not required
Carey Business School attracts a diverse group of talented and intellectually curious students. Meet the Flexible MBA by the numbers.
- 633 average GMAT score
- 46 percent male / 53 percent female
- 3.33 average undergraduate GPA
- 8.2 average years of full-time work experience
- 93 percent of students from the U.S.
The online Flexible MBA allows you to complete the program while maintaining your personal and professional obligations. Gain practical experience in the classroom that can be directly applied back to your organization, build a network of industry professionals from across the globe, partake in experiential learning opportunities to advance leadership skills, and graduate with new resources to advance in your career.
The latest edition of the Carey Business School University Catalog is available.
Designed to fit the demanding schedules of the working professional, the Flexible MBA offers a curriculum that blends traditional and project-based courses. This allows graduates to successfully advance in their current field or transition into a new sector.
Flexible MBA specializations in business analytics and risk management; entrepreneurship, innovation, and technology; financial management; health care management, innovation, and technology; investments; digital marketing; entrepreneurial marketing; and public and private sector leadership. Not all electives or concentration courses are available in the online format, although we are constantly adding and developing online courses each semester.
Earning the name: Flexible MBA
Each semester, students can choose to take classes in either format for the duration of their eight-week course. All students will complete a total of 54 credits (20 credits of business foundations courses and 34 credits of elective courses), with the freedom to take up to six years to finish the degree. Students following the recommended program plan finish the degree in 2.7 years.
Business Foundations (20 credits)
- BU.210.620 Accounting and Financial Reporting
- BU.520.601 Business Analytics
- BU.120.601 Business Communication
- BU.220.620 Business Microeconomics
- BU.231.620 Corporate Finance
- BU.410.620 Marketing Management
- BU.680.620 Operations Management
- BU.510.601 Statistical Analysis
- BU.150.620 Strategic Management
- BU.142.601 Leadership and Organizational Behavior
Business Electives (34 credits)
- All students must earn 34 elective credits to graduate. You may earn up to three specializations using these elective credits, but you are not required to earn a specialization. You are welcome to take any elective courses you like. Specializations are simply a way to help organize your electives by content area. Elective courses may count toward more than one specialization, when applicable.
MBA Specializations Offered
- Online, flexible format
- Complete degree in two to three years
- Optional in-person experiences
- Asynchronous and/or fully synchronous courses
- In-person classes
- Courses held in Baltimore, MD
- STEM-designated curriculum
- Complete degree in two years
Attend an Event
In light of COVID-19, Carey Business School is hosting a variety of virtual admissions events to meet with prospective students. From virtual visits to informational online sessions to regional and international events, the Carey team is ready to answer questions and support your business school.
Connect with a Carey student
Our students come from all over the world and represent all of the different graduate business programs we have here at Carey. Connect with one of them directly to learn more about life at Carey.