Transforming the corporate landscape
More women occupy positions of leadership in today’s business world than ever before, yet women continue to face unique challenges that delay or stall career advancement.
As a participant in the Academy for Women in Leadership, you will gain the insights and practical skills to move purposefully to the highest levels of leadership. With research-based teaching and practical guidance from seasoned executive coaches, you and your fellow academy participants will emerge reenergized about your career, ready to leverage your influence, and prepared with a realistic plan to impact your organization.
Throughout the six-day Academy, participants will engage in interactive exercises and discussions, and work alongside their executive coach to augment classroom learning and work toward achieving professional objectives.
Act with purpose, navigate the workplace, and take the lead with new strategies and tactics in this unique women’s leadership academy program. As an alumnus of the Women and Leadership Academy, you will join a network of leaders committed to promoting ongoing learning and equity in the workplace.
Participants may earn continuing education credits.
All courses include:
Who should attend
- Women with experience in a leadership role
- Functional managers who aspire to positions of greater influence and authority in their organizations
- Mid- and senior-level managers who lead teams or have direct reports
- Those identified as high-potential talent by their organizations
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Participants of all genders who are interested in advancing women to positions of leadership
What you will learn
- Reimagine and advance your leadership skills
- Enhance your professional influence
- Better understand the nuances of negotiation
- Learn how to structure your professional network to support your career goals and advancement
- Prepare to take on the challenges that every senior leader must face with practical guidance from seasoned executive coaches
- Build a strong personal and professional network with peers from various industries
This program meets the requirements for fulfilling the professional development requirements to earn or maintain the CAE credential. For more information about the CAE credential visit www.asaecenter.org/cae.
As a CAE approved provider, this program may be applied for 18.0 credits toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and Johns Hopkins Carey Business School. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education, the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, and the American Nurses Credentialing Center, to provide continuing education for the healthcare team. View complete accreditation invitation here.
Colleen Stuart, PhD
Assistant Professor, Carey Business School
Colleen Stuart is an assistant professor of management at the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School with expertise in the areas of collaborative work, social networks and diversity. She holds a PhD in Organizational Behavior from the University of Toronto. Her research has been published in several academic journals, such as Organization Science and The Academy of Management Journal, as well as featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, and The Huffington Post.