Become an instrument of change for your team or organization
Leadership coaching is an essential tool for senior-level professionals and rising managers who aim to maximize impact on their teams and organizations. Predicated on the creation of a professional and productive relationship, leadership coaching can serve as a workplace intervention as well as an opportunity for reflection, observation and growth.
In our Essentials of Leadership Coaching course, discover the field of leadership coaching, the coaching process and how to implement coaching skills in professional and organizational relationships. Connect with other professionals through engaging discussions and experiential activities. Explore the field of coaching, practice new skills in a safe and supportive environment, and create an individualized plan to implement coaching skills in professional conversations.
Who should attend
- Professionals interested in increasing overall effectiveness through goal-setting and action planning
- Rising managers seeking to enhance their leadership capacities
- Team leaders interested in new tools and techniques for developing high-functioning teams
What you will learn
- Understand the foundations, process, and nuances of leadership coaching
- Learn to set, vet, meet and exceed goals through meaningful action planning
- Implement the fundamentals of coaching in developing high functioning teams
- Apply newly developed coaching skills in a safe and supportive environment
Carly Ackley, PhD
Education consultant, Carey Business School
Carly is a higher education professional with over 15 years of administrative and teaching experience in business schools in the Mid-Atlantic. As both a university administrator and instructor, she has spent her career researching and teaching leadership development. Most recently her work has been focused on coaching and executive education and she holds certifications in both executive and career coaching. In addition to her work as a practitioner, she has taught courses in leadership development and theoretical and practical ethics at the Smeal College of Business at Penn State and at Johns Hopkins University. Carly earned her PhD and MEd from the The Pennsylvania State University and has been published in peer-reviewed journals and has written book chapters on leadership in the social and environmental justice space.