Adapt to an increasingly visual business world
Whether you’re writing an email or a complex business pitch, the Written and Visual Communication course will teach you how to clearly and successfully present your ideas in a memorable way. Learn the fundamentals of business writing and graphic design to create compelling communication messaging in a variety of settings with a distinct visual flair.
Crafting meaningful communication and complementing your message with the use of typography, color, and strategic imagery can make a lasting impression on your audience and motivate them to respond to your message.
This course includes:
Who should attend
- Professionals who are seeking to advance their career or new career opportunities
- Professionals seeking to develop their professional writing skills
- Professionals who want to enhance their messages and connect with audiences visually through the use of color, image, and design
What you will learn
- Writing for clarity and brevity
- Foundations of business writing that is clear, direct, and succinct
- Writing with clear objectives and goals
- Fundamentals of effective visual design
- How to translate your ideas into real-world applications
Lecturer, Carey Business School
Josie Ganzermiller, PhD (Communication, University of Maryland), joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School faculty full-time in 2015. Dr. Ganzermiller specializes in persuasion and social influence in professional leadership and health communication. She has previously taught at the University of Maryland and Penn State University. Dr. Ganzermiller’s research investigates health communication in entertainment-education and media effects. Additionally, she provides professional consulting for persuasive communication, leadership, team building, and customer service management.
Kenna Kay, MS
Executive Education Faculty, Carey Business School
Kenna Kay is a creative strategist at the intersection of visual design, communications strategy, and branding. Previously she was the V.P. Creative Director of Brand at TV Land, MTV Networks and Creative Director at Nickelodeon. She is on the faculty of the School of Visual Arts, Masters in Branding, has taught at Columbia University and Parsons School of Design and has been a guest critic and visiting lecturer at The Cooper Union, Izmir Ekonomi Üniversitesi in Turkey, and Shenkar College in Tel Aviv. She earned her MS in Strategic Communications from Columbia University. She believes that the most effective way to create positive change is to clearly communicate the ideas that can make a difference.