Make the Leap to Leadership in Design Thinking
Once you've learned to creatively solve problems through design thinking, the next step is leading your team through innovative solutions to complex problems. Learn to facilitate your own design thinking and human-centered design workshop and lead your team to the answers you've been looking for with this exciting course.
Participants taking the Design Thinking Practicum should have demonstrated mastery of design thinking techniques by successfully completing the prerequisite of Design Thinking for Innovative Problem Solving. This course is intended for professionals looking to take the leap from learning about design thinking to leading workshops on their own.
Participants can take the Design Thinking Practicum as a requirement toward their Executive Certificate in Innovation & Human-Centered Design or as a standalone course by first completing the prerequisite of Design Thinking for Innovative Problem Solving. Participants will learn from renowned faculty and work alongside peers to gain the skills needed to create and facilitate a workshop of their own that utilizes the principles of design thinking (empathize, define, ideate, prototype, and test) to drive creativity in their own organization.
The prerequisite for this course is Design Thinking for Innovative Problem Solving.
- Professionals who have taken Design Thinking for Innovative Problem Solving and who have a desire to gain the skills to develop and facilitate their own human-centered design workshops
- Professionals at all levels seeking to explore the possibilities of co-creating innovative solutions with key stakeholders
- Individuals looking for a fresh problem-solving perspective
- Forward-thinking leaders
- Learn how to guide key stakeholders in the process of design thinking in a co-creative challenge
- Increase the breadth of your design thinking knowledge by learning this advanced approach to human-centered design
- Demonstrate your creative leadership abilities by acquiring these leading edge skills
No active sessions.
All courses are held at the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School Harbor East Location. Plan your visit.
JHU employees are eligible for 100% tuition remission. JHHS employees receive a 20% discount. For more information on discounts, registration, and cancellation policy, please visit our FAQ page.
Sharon Kim PhD
Assistant Professor and Faculty Director of Innovation & Human-Centered Design, Carey Business School
Sharon Kim is a faculty member and the Director of Innovation & Human-Centered Design at the Carey Business School. She holds a PhD in Organizational Behavior from Cornell University. Sharon has expertise in the psychology of creativity. Her academic research has been featured in popular media outlets including Harvard Business Review, Wall Street Journal, and Fast Company. She teaches design thinking and provides innovation consulting to leaders in Fortune 100 companies and international health NGOs.