Negotiate two steps ahead
As calculated as a chess match, negotiations are complicated. Preparation is the key to securing the best outcome for yourself and for your organization.
In our Strategic Negotiation course, learn the foundational skills and knowledge needed to negotiate effectively and strategically. Discover your personal style and develop a systematic approach to a variety of challenging business situations through a set of interactive, increasingly complex mock negotiations. Build the confidence to navigate win-lose situations and transform them into win-win opportunities. Whether you negotiate on behalf of your organization or on behalf of yourself, this course will lead you to reliable techniques for securing better deals.
All courses include:
Who should attend
- Professionals in sales and marketing, planning and development, strategic partnerships, supply-chain agreements, recruitment and human resources, negotiating on behalf of their companies
- General business and operations managers looking to improve their negotiation skills
- Individuals seeking to achieve better business outcomes for their organizations
What you will learn
- Understand the strategies and psychology underlying negotiations
- Define your personal negotiation style
- Gain confidence in your strategic negotiation abilities
Become a powerful negotiator with a systematic approach to challenging conversations
Associate Professor, Carey Business School
Brian Gunia is an associate professor at the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School. He holds a PhD in management from Northwestern University. Brian’s research focuses on negotiation, ethical decision-making, and sleep. His research has been published in several academic journals and featured in popular media outlets. He has received several awards for his research and teaching, and he is the founder of the Carey School’s Business in Government Initiative.