Creative problem solving to tackle your most complex challenges.
You’ve mastered the basics—now take your problem-solving abilities to the next level by learning the art and science of co-creation. Co-creation is considered by some industry leaders as the pinnacle of human-centered design. It involves collaborating with your stakeholders or end users to achieve creative solutions — together. Participants taking the Advanced Design Thinking should have demonstrated mastery of design thinking techniques by successfully completing the prerequisite of Design Thinking for Innovative Problem Solving.
In our immersive Advanced Design Thinking course, you’ll take your creativity to the next level by learning the best practices for co-creation. Work with industry-peers in an advanced learning environment and acquire new ways to further unlock your team's creative potential. This course is for individuals who have previously taken an introductory design thinking course and want to further develop their skills.
The prerequisite for this course is Design Thinking for Innovative Problem Solving.
- Professionals who have taken Design Thinking for Innovative Problem Solving
- Professionals at all levels seeking to explore the possibilities of co-creating innovative solutions with key stakeholders
- Individuals looking for a fresh problem-solving perspective
- Healthcare/Global health leaders, management consultants, human resources professionals and team leaders, business & finance leaders
- Learn how to guide key stakeholders in the process of design thinking in a co-creative challenge
- Increase the breadth of your design thinking knowledge by learning this advanced approach to human-centered design
- Demonstrate your creative leadership abilities by acquiring these leading edge skills
July 15-17, 2019 (8:30am-3:30pm)
Locations may vary. Please check the registration details and your email for location. Plan your visit.
JHU employees are eligible for 100% tuition remission. JHHS employees receive a 20% discount. For more information on discounts, registration, and cancellation policy, please visit our FAQ page.
SHARON KIM, PhD
Assistant Professor and Faculty Director of Innovation & Human-Centered Design, Carey Business School
Sharon Kim is a faculty member and the Director of Innovation & Human-Centered Design at the Carey Business School. She holds a PhD in Organizational Behavior from Cornell University. Sharon has expertise in the psychology of creativity. Her academic research has been featured in popular media outlets including Harvard Business Review, Wall Street Journal, and Fast Company. She teaches design thinking and provides innovation consulting to leaders in Fortune 100 companies and international health NGOs.