How we work with full-time MBA students
Career & Life Design is embedded into the Full-time MBA curriculum and program experience. We partner closely to help you explore, articulate, and pursue your unique career goals. As you plan for your career post-graduation, we help you leverage your experience, skills, and interests to prepare for and secure meaningful opportunities and connections.
Full-time MBA students benefit from:
- Throughout your program and beyond, partner with a professional career coach in a thought-provoking and creative process to help inspire and empower you in working toward your unique career and professional goals.
- Career coaching at Carey helps you gain greater focus, increase awareness of self and career options, and set and work toward professional goals.
- Available to all students and alumni, on-site and virtual.
- Scheduled through Handshake at a pace managed by students/alumnus.
You will begin working with your Carey career coach throughout the spring and summer, prior to the start of your program, to help you prepare for early career opportunities and connections.
- Full-time MBA students are enrolled in BU.001.351 Professional Development for Career Success in the fall of their first year. This experience-based course is designed to help students develop the skills needed to accomplish their personal and professional goals and build lifelong career management skills to navigate the changing world of work and the global marketplace.
- Second year students have the opportunity to participate in PD+ in the fall of their second year to refresh from their summer experience and advance toward their career goals.
- Career education workshops, industry and alumni insights sessions, and the Job Search Collective are additional career preparation opportunities offered throughout the program.
Led by the Carey Employer Relations team, students have access to networking, internship and job opportunities such as:
- Extensive internship/job postings through Handshake and weekly 'Hot Jobs' emails
- Industry office hours and roundtables
- Employer information sessions
- Support to attend affinity and industry career conferences
- MBA Corporate Networking Breakfast
After completing coaching appointments, 100 percent of students agreed they were better prepared to manage their career transition, more confident in search self-advocacy, more confident in negotiating, and had a better understanding of what employers look for in documents.
We have graduates working at some of the top companies and leading organizations in the United States and across the world. Learn more about our employment statistics.