Master the art of persuasive business writing
Written communication is a critical part of everyday professional life. Every email, memo, proposal, and report is an opportunity to impress your audience and advance your ideas. To ensure your messages have impact, you need communication proven techniques guided by research and experience.
In our two-day Business Writing course, you will learn the fundamentals of effective writing. In individual and group exercises, we will offer practical techniques to write clearly and persuasively in any business setting. Through guided writing prompts, you will discover how to use powerful writing to communicate your ideas in a meaningful and memorable way.
This Executive Education course is for professionals in any industry and at any stage of their careers who want to master their persuasive business writing skills.
All courses include:
Who should attend
- Mid-level professionals who want to improve their business writing
- New and experienced managers who often craft professional documents and present complex ideas
- Content writers and marketers
- Professionals who write web and promotional copy
What you will learn
- Present your ideas clearly and persuasively through strong professional writing
- Incorporate storytelling techniques to create compelling content
- Convey complex information in a structured and effective manner
Steven D. Cohen, PhD
Associate Professor, Carey Business School
Steven Cohen, PhD is a leading expert on persuasive communication and effective presentation skills. A two-time author, he’s been featured in The Financial Times, Slate, and the BBC Radio documentary, “Churchill’s Secret Cabinet,” among other media. He holds a PhD in Communication from the University of Maryland and a master's degree in public policy from Harvard University. Before joining Carey Business School, he held strategic roles at Bank of America and IBM Global Business Services.