Research Seminar Series
The Research Seminar Series at Carey is held in the Faculty Commons, Room 1301, at the Harbor East campus, typically starting at noon. Seminars are open to all JHU faculty and staff and invited guests. If you are not a Carey employee, please call to let us know of your arrival: 410-234-9400.
Spring 2019 Research Seminar Series Schedule
1/30/2019: Deborah Small, Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania
2/22/2019: Miklos Sarvary, Columbia Business School
3/27/2019: Cait Lamberton, Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh
4/17/2019: Carl Mela, Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
4/29/2019: Szu-chi Huang, Graduate School of Business, Stanford University
5/2/2019: David Ong, Jinan-Birmingham Joint Institute, Jinan University
5/8/2019: Upender Subramanian, University of Texas, Dallas
5/15/2019: Hui Li, Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University
3/5/2019: Omar El Sawy, Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California
4/9/2019: Ozalp Ozer, University of Texas, Dallas
4/12/2019: Bora Keskin, Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
4/23/2019: Fernando Bernstein, Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
5/7/2019: Anyan Qi, Naveen Jindal School of Management, University of Texas, Dallas
Carey Business School faculty regularly host industry-specific conferences and symposiums, encouraging collaboration and discourse among academics working and researching within particular disciplines.
- Social and Political Economics Conference (De)Centralization and Incentives
- Civic Engagement Innovative-Programming
- Organizational Theory in Heath Care (OTHC) 2018 Conference
- 2018 JHU Carey Finance Conferences: Frontiers in Macrofinance
- Hopkins Health, Labor, Education and Development Economics Conference (H2LED), organized by Mario Macis in collaboration with faculty from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and the Johns Hopkins Krieger School of Arts & Sciences.
- Influence and the Media, organized by Itay Fainmesser and Ying Chen
- Conference on Crowdsourcing in the Sharing Economy, A Multidisciplinary Perspective, organized by Christian Kim and Maqbool Dada
- Drug Accessibility and Pricing Symposium, organized by Stacey Lee
- Broadening Perspectives on Women in Work: An Interdisciplinary Conference, co-chaired by Colleen Stuart, Sharon Kim, and Erik Helzer
- Johns Hopkins Symposium on Healthcare Operations (JHSHO), co-chaired by Tinglong Dai and Ozge Sahin
- Social Networks and Information Conference, organized by Ying Chen and Itay Fainmesser.
- Hopkins Health, Labor, Education and Development Economics Conference (H2LED), organized by Mario Macis in collaboration with faculty from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and the Johns Hopkins Krieger School of Arts & Sciences
- The Role of Derivatives in Asset Pricing, organized by Nicola Fusari
- A Conference On Entrepreneurship, Civic Engagement And Innovative Programming, organized by Dr. Brandon Chicotsky
- Symposium on Free Solutions to Urban Challenges
- Symposium on Healthcare Operations
- Symposium on Data-Driven Decision Making
- Social And Political Economics Conference and Incentives
- Hopkins Health, Labor, Education and Development Economics Conference (H2LED)
QBESS Seminar Series
The Quantitative and Behavioral Economics Seminar Series (QBESS) provides an informal outlet for both internal and external speakers to present their research. The QBESS meets weekly (usually on Wednesday) from 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.