Research Seminar Series
The Research Seminar Series at Carey is held in the Faculty Commons, Room 1301, at the Harbor East campus, typically starting at noon. Seminars are open to all JHU faculty and staff and invited guests. If you are not a Carey employee, please call to let us know of your arrival: 410-234-9400.
Fall 2019 Research Seminar Series Schedule
10/30/2019: Sudipta Sarangi, Virginia Tech University
Carey Business School faculty regularly host industry-specific conferences and symposiums, encouraging collaboration and discourse among academics working and researching within particular disciplines.
- Social and Political Economics Conference (De)Centralization and Incentives
- Civic Engagement Innovative-Programming
- Organizational Theory in Heath Care (OTHC) 2018 Conference
- 2018 JHU Carey Finance Conferences: Frontiers in Macrofinance
- Hopkins Health, Labor, Education and Development Economics Conference (H2LED), organized by Mario Macis in collaboration with faculty from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and the Johns Hopkins Krieger School of Arts & Sciences.
- Influence and the Media, organized by Itay Fainmesser and Ying Chen
- Conference on Crowdsourcing in the Sharing Economy, A Multidisciplinary Perspective, organized by Christian Kim and Maqbool Dada
- Drug Accessibility and Pricing Symposium, organized by Stacey Lee
- Broadening Perspectives on Women in Work: An Interdisciplinary Conference, co-chaired by Colleen Stuart, Sharon Kim, and Erik Helzer
- Johns Hopkins Symposium on Healthcare Operations (JHSHO), co-chaired by Tinglong Dai and Ozge Sahin
- Social Networks and Information Conference, organized by Ying Chen and Itay Fainmesser.
- Hopkins Health, Labor, Education and Development Economics Conference (H2LED), organized by Mario Macis in collaboration with faculty from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and the Johns Hopkins Krieger School of Arts & Sciences
- The Role of Derivatives in Asset Pricing, organized by Nicola Fusari
- A Conference On Entrepreneurship, Civic Engagement And Innovative Programming, organized by Dr. Brandon Chicotsky
- Symposium on Free Solutions to Urban Challenges
- Symposium on Healthcare Operations
- Symposium on Data-Driven Decision Making
- Social And Political Economics Conference and Incentives
- Hopkins Health, Labor, Education and Development Economics Conference (H2LED)
QBESS Seminar Series
The Quantitative and Behavioral Economics Seminar Series (QBESS) provides an informal outlet for both internal and external speakers to present their research. The QBESS meets weekly (usually on Wednesday) from 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.