Earn a second MS degree in 9 months*
MBA degree in 12 months*
Earn a second graduate degree in less time and with less expense.
Differentiate yourself from other highly qualified candidates in a competitive marketplace.
Create a larger, more diverse network within Johns Hopkins University and beyond.
- First degree must be completed between May and August of your graduation year.
- Must be in good academic standing with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Must have all previous conditional requirements met from your first Carey Business School degree.
With a second degree from the Carey Business School, I was able to expand my business network and international experience and enhance my resume significantly.”MINGXIN (VICTORIA) JIN | MS FINANCE '14 | MS REAL ESTATE & INFRASTRUCTURE '15
- New application for the Second Degree program (application fee is waived; new account is required)
- New personal essay (must be different from original Carey Business School application essay)
- Updated resume
- Carey Business School transcript
- One new letter of recommendation (must be different from original Carey Business School letters of recommendation)
Note: Any current student who was conditionally admitted to Carey must complete their conditional requirements as noted in their admission letters, such as submission of final transcripts with degree conferred or credential evaluation showing equivalency of a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
*Both MS and MBA second degree program options require full-time enrollment. The MS in Health Care Management program takes 12 months to complete. Course and credit requirements are determined by coursework completed in the first degree.
Use applicable course credits from previous Carey degree toward earning a second degree.
- Carey MS degree graduate pursuing a second MS degree: minimum 24 credits
- Carey MS degree graduate pursuing an MBA degree: minimum 36 credits
- Carey MBA degree graduate pursuing an MS degree: minimum 18 credits
- Courses start in the fall semester.
- Second Degree is not deferrable.
- Campus location is determined by the Second Degree program of choice.
- Courses are offered during the day, evenings, and on Saturdays.
- No gap year allowed when applying for the Second Degree. Must be a continuation (no break) from year of original graduation.
- Choice of program not transferable once the Second Degree is started.
- May or August graduation (depending upon program chosen).
- Original Carey degree must be completed before starting the Second Degree.
- Cannot pursue an MBA concentration in the same area as your first MS degree.
- Cannot pursue an MS in the same area of concentration as your first MBA (e.g., cannot do a second degree MS Health Care Management if your first degree is an MBA with a Health Care Management concentration).
- If you are an international student and have successfully completed your first degree in the summer and then start your Second Degree in the fall, you will not be able to use your OPT after the end of your first degree. If you have further questions regarding OPT, please refer to the Office of International Services website at ois.jhu.edu/
- Please contact your advisor with questions and to discuss an academic plan for your Second Degree.
Programs & Locations
- MS in Finance
- MS in Health Care Management
- MS in Marketing
- MS in Business Analytics and Risk Management
- MS in Finance
- MS in Information Systems
- MS in Real Estate and Infrastructure