Tap into the world-renowned Johns Hopkins network.
Hone your business expertise while finding solutions for health care management and delivery.
The twelve-week, paid Johns Hopkins Health and Business Internship pairs each intern with a preceptor, a Johns Hopkins Medicine executive who mentors the intern and oversees their internship project. The intern then oversees a project optimizing business operations across Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Explore health care administration as a cohort with opportunities and group meetings beyond your individual project. Meet weekly as a cohort for additional training which ranges from guest speakers to tours of health care facilities.
"I knew this internship was the right next step for me. It would give me that chance to work closely with [Johns Hopkins] leadership, use real data to tell a story, and make meaningful connections along the way."
Varun Venkatraman, second-year MBA
During the 2020 internship, interns:
- Forecasted operating room bed availability for both same-day admission elective surgeries and extended surgical recovery elective surgeries
- Created communication plans for Johns Hopkins patient education
- Expanded remote patient monitoring for home care patients
- Developed the financial plan for the employee call center for occupational health.
- Analyzed the new oncology patient intake process