Schedule an appointment
- Develop critical thinking skills and increase academic and professional self-sufficiency.
- Develop and apply skills needed to succeed in written assignments and quantitative courses.
- Establish an understanding of the importance of writing and presenting as a significant part of continued learning and personal and professional success.
100 International Drive Baltimore, MD 21202
Rooms 534 & 535
1717 Massachusetts Ave, Washington D.C. 20036
Workshops & Group events
The SSC offers a variety of workshops each term led by faculty, SSC Staff, and tutors.
Exam Cram subjects
- Accounting & Financial Reporting
- Corporate Finance
- Economics for Decision Making
- The Firm & Macroeconomy
- Financial Modeling
- Statistical Analysis
*subjects vary based on term
- Critical Thinking
We work with Carey faculty to offer you academic preparation sessions prior to the start of each academic year. These sessions aim to prepare you for difficult course content and provide you with the knowledge needed to increase your chance of classroom success.
*Primers will resume at the beginning of Fall 2018 and will include topics such as Excel, statistics, accounting, U.S. law, the U.S. press, economics, corporate finance, and investments.
Online Appointment Information
All online appointments occur using Zoom. If this is your first time using Zoom, you must download it prior to your initial online tutoring session. Downloading and setting up Zoom takes approximately 5-10 minutes. Download this Zoom flyer to keep this info in one place!
For online writing/presentation skills appointments, join your tutoring session at https://jhucarey.zoom.us/my/sscwriting.
For online quantitative appointments, join your tutoring session at https://jhucarey.zoom.us/my/quantitative.
Online Exam Crams and Workshops use https://jhucarey.zoom.us/my/examcramworkshop