Inside Look Into MS in Business Analytics and Risk Management
Previously known as the MS in Enterprise Risk Management, the MS in Business Analytics and Risk Management degree provides graduates with the tools and knowledge to:
- Develop a thorough understanding of risk.
- Protect shareholder value by managing the downside of risk.
- Position the organization to better leverage the upside of uncertain outcomes
- Increase supply chain responsiveness and resilience.
- Effectively communicate across firm boundaries regarding risk management.
- Develop and implement a crisis management communications plan.
- Thoroughly assess insurance needs.
- Develop plans to protect reputation, information, financial assets, and personnel.
- Improve decision making at all levels of the organization.
The MS in Business Analytics and Risk Management can be completed full-time at the Carey Business School's Washington, D.C. center.
The full-time, 36-credit MS in Business Analytics and Risk Management includes the following courses, but course sequence and availability of specific electives may vary. Students must consult with an academic adviser to ensure that they take courses in the approved sequence.
Business Foundations Core (18 credits)
- Statistical Analysis
- Business Analytics
- Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Operations Management
- Information Systems
- Corporate Finance
- Marketing Management
- Business Leadership and Human Values
- Business Communications
Functional Core (6 credits)
- Data Analytics
- Advanced Business Analytics
- Simulation & Strategic Options
Electives (12 credits)
- Data Science
- Contract Analysis and Design
- Marketing Analytics
- Big Data Machine Learning
- Retail Analytics
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Managing Financial Risk
- Managing Complex Projects
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Financial Crises and Contagion
- Corporate Governance
- Enterprise Risk Management Frameworks
- Crisis Management
- Business Law
Students who complete this program between May 2017 and August 2017 are eligible to continue their studies in a complementary new area with Carey's Second Degree Option. More information is available on the Second Degree Options page.
For Academic Year 2017-2018
|Tuition||Application FEE||Matriculation Fee||Registration Per Semester||Graduation Fee|
|Full-Time||$66,500 (for entire 12-month program)||$100||$500||$0||$0|
All fees are nonrefundable.
- Late Registration Fee: $250
- Late Payment Fee: $250
- Returned Check Fee: $35
- Payment Plan Termination Fee: $75
- Delinquent Account Collection Fee: 25% of the outstanding debt
Our Career Development team is committed to providing opportunities for you to build professional skills and competencies that are essential for success in the career search.
Graduates of the MS in Business Analytics and Risk Management have gone on to start or advance their careers in operations and logistics. Employers have included:
- General Motors
- International Monetary Fund
- Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Proctor & Gamble
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC)
- U.S. Department of Defense
The most recent MS in Business Analytics and Risk Management career data is available here.
#Of Students: 39
Avg GMAT: 670
Countries Represented: 4
The risk of data breaches at U.S. hospitals is associated with larger facilities and hospitals that have a major teaching mission, according to a study co-authored by Johns Hopkins Carey Business School Assistant Professor Ge Bai and published online today by JAMA Internal Medicine.