Advance your career
Develops skills and data use for a deeper understanding of the market, the profile of the market on a granular level, and develop targeted customer experience strategies based on real-time customer feedback.
Lead the next era of marketing
Equips students with concepts and theories to develop the knowledge, experience, and versatility to become leaders in corporate, nonprofit, or government marketing
Marketing in a global, digital age
Prepares students to meet the demand for capable and confident marketing professionals who understand the digital economy, global, and start-up environments.
Includes a STEM-designated Marketing Analytics concentration, that offers an Optional Practical Training STEM Extension benefit
Learn about our class profile.
- 681 average GMAT score
- 3.45 average undergraduate GPA
- 78 percent female / 22 percent male
- 0.5 average years of full-time work experience
- 3 percent of students from the U.S.
- Footnote: Fall 2018 incoming class
Considering the interconnected world and the increased pace of doing business globally, competitive marketing professionals must understand appropriate quantitative and qualitative marketing methods to gain consumer insights. The Master of Science in Marketing with a concentration in Marketing Analytics provides the foundation to build the expertise and skills necessary for the future of marketing.
The student handbook provides access to information about services and resources for students as well as policies and procedures.
Find detailed descriptions for the courses offered during the 2019-2020 academic year.
Download fact sheet
The Master of Science in Marketing program is designed to challenge students to examine current and future trends in the marketing industry. Students use what they learn to solve the real-world challenges facing organizations, big and small. Blending insights in consumer behavior, big data, analytics, new technology, and the psychology of persuasion, the program’s intensive coursework reveals the inner workings of contemporary marketing.
Students graduate prepared to compete in a global market where millions of customers join the consumer economy each year and marketing is driven by data.
The curriculum below is for students entering in the program in fall 2020. Current students should refer to the handbook for their curricular requirements and course information.
Required courses (24 credits):
Business foundations (8 credits)
- BU.520.601 Business Analytics
- BU.131.601 Business Leadership and Human Values
- BU.410.620 Marketing Management
- BU.510.601 Statistical Analysis
Functional core (16 credits)
- BU.420.710 Consumer Behavior
- BU.450.760 Customer Analytics
- BU.510.650 Data Analytics
- BU.410.601 Marketing Research
- BU.450.710 Marketing Strategy
- BU.430.720 Pricing Analysis
- BU.450.765 Social Media Analytics
- BU.450.750 Strategic Market Intelligence
Electives (12 credits):
Students choose 6 courses from the following:
- BU.420.730 Advanced Behavioral Marketing
- BU.210.620 Accounting and Financial Reporting
- BU.430.710 Branding and Marketing Communications
- BU.120.601 Business Communication
- BU.132.601 Business Law
- BU.460.710 Business-to-Business Marketing and Channel Strategy
- BU.420.720 Customer Relationship Management
- BU.450.630 Designing Experiments
- BU.460.700 Integrated Digital Marketing
- BU.460.730 New Product Development
- BU.450.740 Retail Analytics
- BU.430.740 Sales Force Management
The Career Development Office partners with you to advance your career.
The career development team is committed to providing opportunities for you to build professional skills and competencies essential for a successful career search.
Students in this program have gone on to start or advanced their careers across numerous industry sectors, including technology, manufacturing, media/entertainment, real estate, and health care. These are just some of the areas in the marketing industry where you can find and connect with Carey alumni in the Baltimore region, around the U.S., and across the globe.
- China Merchant Bank
- Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy (LVMH)
- RedStone Haute Couture
- Kraft Heinz
- Tiffany & Co.
- Marketing Analyst
- Account Supervisor
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Senior Product Manager
- Global Management Trainee
- Management Trainee