At the Design for America JHU | MICA Studio, we apply both our business acumen and human-centered design skills to consult on challenges within our local communities and for national organizations.
Each semester, we partner with organizations and entrepreneurs who desire to create user-centered, viable solutions for their most unruly challenges. This is an opportunity for teams of business and design strategists to co-create with clients in order to find innovative solutions for real-world problems. Past national clients have included CVS, Humana, and YMCA . Local Maryland / D.C. clients have included Le Mondo, Rooftop Roots, and the Linwood Center. All of our projects seek to improve social impact, innovation, and business sustainability.
In addition to 10–12-week partner projects, we host workshops and collaborative design thinking sessions with students and for the public.
- Collaborating to identifying root problems and actionable solutions
- User research with cross-disciplinary analysis
- Facilitation and including stakeholders in ideation
- Students with diverse backgrounds deploying skills obtained through business, design, and marketing graduate -degrees
- 2021 Co-President - Erica Duffy
- 2021 Co-President - Christina Hwee
- 2021 Co-President- Karen Radewald
- 2021 Co-Vice President - Aleks Romano
- 2021 Co-Vice President - Michelle Polyak