Tao Chen, PhD (Marketing, Carnegie Mellon University) is an Assistant Professor on the practice track with expertise in the areas of marketing and quantitative methods.
Honors and distinctions
- Center for Analytical Research in Technology (CART)
- Dissertation Award 2006-2007
- INFORMS Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Pittsburgh PA 2006
- AMA-Sheth Doctoral Consortium Fellow, University of Connecticut 2005
- Chen, Tao, Baohong Sun and Vishal Singh, (2009), “An Empirical Investigation of the Dynamic Effect of Marlboro’s Permanent Pricing Shift”, Marketing Science, 28(4), 740-758.
- Chen, Tao, Ajay Kalra and Baohong Sun, (2009), Why Do Consumers Buy Extended Service Contracts?”, Journal of Consumer Research, 36 (December), 611-623.