Richard Milter, PhD (Organizational Behavior, University at Albany, State University of New York) joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 2006.
He is a Professor in the practice track with expertise in the areas of management education and collaborative learning.
- Ph. D, Organizational Behavior, University at Albany, State University of New York
- MEd, Leadership, Loyola University of Chicago
- BA, English Literature, Ohio University
- DeFillippi, R. and Milter, R.G. (2009) “Problem-based and Project-based Learning Approaches: Applying Knowledge to Authentic Situations,” The SAGE Handbook of Management Learning, Education and Development. Armstrong, S. and Fukami, C. (Eds.). London: Sage Publications Ltd., pp. 344-363.
- Matveev, A.V. and Milter, R.G. The Value of Intercultural Competence for Performance of Multicultural Teams. Team Performance Management Journal, Volume 10, Number 5/6, 2004, pp. 104-111.
- Mumpower, J., Sheffield, J., Darling, T., and Milter R.G. The Accuracy of Post-Negotiation Estimates of the Other Negotiator's Staff. Group Decision and Negotiation, May 2004, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 259-290.
- Milter, R.G., Darling, T., and Mumpower, J. The Effects of Substantive Task Characteristics on Negotiators’ Ability to Reach Efficient Agreements. Acta Psychologica, Volume 93, Elseveir Science B.V., September 1996, pp. 207-228.
- Milter, R.G., Perotti, V.S., Segers, M.R. (Eds.) Educational Innovation in Economics and Business IX: Breaking Boundaries for Global Learning. Berlin: Springer: Science+Business Media, 2005.
- Milter, R.G. (2002) “Developing an MBA Online Degree Program: Expanding Knowledge and Skills via Technology-Mediated Learning Communities,” In Communication and Collaboration in the Online Classroom: Examples and Applications, P. Comeaux (Ed.), Bolton, MA: Jossey-Bass, Anker Publishing, pp. 3-22.
- Waddill, D., Milter, R.G., and DeFillippi, R. Strategies for An Action-Based E-learning Experience.
- Milter, R.G., Schlomer, S., and Mateev, A. Developing Global Business Leadership Competencies: A Case for the Multicultural Consulting Project. Milter, R. and Zucker, A. Developing a University Cross-Discipline Ethics Platform.
Honors and distinctions
- Associate Editor, Advances in Business Education and Training, Springer Verlag, Berlin, December 2008 - Present
- Editorial board member for the book series Research in Management Education and Development, Information Age Publishing, Greenwich, CT, November 2005 - Present
- Editorial Board Member, Innovation and Change in Professional Education, Springer Verlag, Berlin, January 2001 – Present
- Recognized designer of an MBA program that was awarded “best practice” status as a benchmark for “Technology-Mediated Learning: Enhancing the Management Education Experience” by both AACSB and APQC.