David M. Fick joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 1993 as an adjunct instructor. He is a member of the board, and chairs the audit committee at National Retail Properties. He is also president of Nandua Oyster Company, an aquaculture business he founded in 2007. Fick served as managing director at Stifel Nicolaus & Company, a successor to Legg Mason, where he headed Real Estate Research. He was an analyst covering real estate investment trusts (“REITs”) and was a member of the Legg Mason Real Estate Capital Investment Committee. He received his MBA with a major in Finance from Loyola University in Maryland. Courses taught at Carey include Real Estate and Infrastructure Finance, Real Estate Investment Trusts: Analysis and Structuring, and Real Estate Capital Market Analysis.
- MBA, Finance, Loyola College
- BS, Business Administration - Accounting, Towson State University
- Real Estate Investment Trusts: Analysis and Structuring
Honors and distinctions
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts. (1997 - Present).
- International Council of Shopping Centers. (1991 - Present).
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. (1981 - Present).
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants. (1980 - Present).