Carey Business School faculty regularly host industry-specific conferences and symposiums, encouraging collaboration and discourse among academics working and researching within particular disciplines.
- Influence and the Media, organized by Itay Fainmesser and Ying Chen.
- Conference on Crowdsourcing in the Sharing Economy, A Multidisciplinary Perspective, organized by Christian Kim and Maqbool Dada
- Drug Accessibility and Pricing Symposium, organized by Stacey Lee.
- Broadening Perspectives on Women in Work: An Interdisciplinary Conference, co-chaired by Colleen Stuart, Sharon Kim, and Erik Helzer.
- Johns Hopkins Symposium on Healthcare Operations (JHSHO), co-chaired by Tinglong Dai and Ozge Sahin.
- Social Networks and Information Conference, organized by Ying Chen and Itay Fainmesser.
- Hopkins Health, Labor, Education and Development Economics Conference (H2LED), organized by Mario Macis in collaboration with faculty from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and the Johns Hopkins Krieger School of Arts & Sciences.
- The Role of Derivatives in Asset Pricing, organized by Nicola Fusari
Quantitative and Behavioral Economics Seminar Series
The Quantitative and Behavioral Economics Seminar Series (QBESS) provides an informal outlet for both internal and external speakers to present their research. The QBESS meets weekly (usually on Wednesday) from 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. A list of upcoming speakers is available here.
Research Seminar Series
The Research Seminar Series at Carey is held in the Faculty Commons, Room 1301, at the Harbor East campus, typically starting at noon. Seminars are open to all JHU faculty and staff and invited guests. If you are not a Carey employee, please call to let us know of your arrival: 410-234-9400.
Spring 2018 Research Seminar Series Schedule
3/6/2018: Shengxing Zhang, London School of Economics
3/21/2018: Darrell Duffie, Stanford University - Cancelled
3/27/2018: Tim Bollerslev, Duke University
4/17/2018: Stefan Nagel, University of Chicago, Booth School of Business
4/27/2018: Joel Hasbrouck, New Youk University, Stern School of Business
5/8/2018: Giovanni Favara, Federal Reserve Bank
5/15/2018: Terry Hendershot, University of California, Berkely, Haas School of Business
3/15/2018: Gustavo Vulcano, New York University, Stern School of Business
3/23/2018: Beril Toktay, Georgia Tech University, Scheller College of Business
3/29/2018: Georgia Perakis, MIT Sloan School of Business
4/10/2018: John Birge, University of Chicago, Booth School of Business
5/15/2018: Ravi Bapna: University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management - Cancelled