In compliance with Title IV, the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, and other Federal and State disclosure laws, the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School has listed consumer information for prospective and current students. If you have any questions, please contact Bobbie Tchopev, Director of Student Services, at 410-234-9240 or

Disclosures applicable to all students across Johns Hopkins University are available here.

General Institutional Information

Student Financial Assistance Information

Health and Safety Information

  • Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
  • Fire Safety Report and Fire Log - N/A
  • Carey Vaccination Policy - According to Washington, D.C. Immunization Law 3-20, students under the age of 26 who attend classes in Washington, D.C. must get vaccinations for Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) and Tetanus/Diphtheria. You will need to submit proof of your immunizations once you register for classes at the Washington, D.C. Center. Immunization forms are provided to all students admitted to the JHU Carey Business School. An immunization hold will be placed on student accounts, preventing registration if the completed immunization form is not submitted by the registration period of your second semester at the school.
  • Missing Person Notification Policy - N/A
  • Campus Security Report

Student Outcomes

  • Retention Rates for Full-Time Students
  • Completion/Graduation Rates for 1st-time Full-time Students - N/A
  • Graduate/Professional Programs that BA/BS JHU Graduates Enroll in - 58% (Class of 2014)
  • Completion/Grad Rate for Athletes Receiving Athletic Aid - N/A
  • Placement Rates

Voter Registration Information

Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates & Financial Aid Support Report - N/A
Teacher Preparation Program Report - N/A

Transfer Credit Policy

As noted in the Carey Business School Student Handbook 2019-2020.

Transfer of Graduate Credit (available to part-time students only)

Transfer with Replacement

The maximum number of credits earned at another regionally accredited college or university that may be transferred with replacement into a graduate degree program in the Carey Business School in no case can exceed four credits or two classes. Any request for transfer credit must be submitted within the first semester. Coursework must be completed within the last 5 years and the student must have a “B+” or better in the completed coursework. Faculty Course Leads make the final decision on course equivalencies, but student should start the process with their academic advisor. The Waiver Exam policy is separate from the Transfer of Graduate Credit policy. See the Waiver Exam policy for more information.

Full-time degree programs at the Carey Business School do not allow transfer credits.

Transfer from another JHU School

The maximum number of credits earned at another school within Johns Hopkins University that may be transferred into a graduate degree program in the Carey Business School in no case can exceed four credits or two classes as long as each course transferred counts toward one two-credit course. Academic Program Directors make the final decision on how transfer credits will be applied to specific degree requirements, but students should start the process with their academic advisor. Dual degree students may not apply transfer credits from other divisions of Johns Hopkins towards completion of their Carey degree. All credits earned towards the Carey portion of a dual degree must be earned in the Carey Business School.

Students in full-time academic programs at other Johns Hopkins University divisions may take classes at the Carey Business School as a graduate level, non- degree seeking student. These interdivisional requests for enrollment will be processed the week before the semester starts to allow degree-seeking students ample time to register for classes. Only six credits earned as a non-degree student may be counted toward an MBA, MS or Graduate Certificate from the Carey Business School.

International Credential Evaluation

Applicants who hold degrees from non-U.S. institutions (with the exception of Canada) must have their academic records evaluated by an authorized credential evaluation agency (see list of approved agencies below) before they can be considered for admission to a degree or certificate program. For degrees earned at non-U.S. institutions, an official course-by-course evaluation assessing the degree, the overall grade point average, and the courses taken, should be submitted. Final official course-by-course credential evaluations must be the equivalency of a U.S. degree and from a regionally-accredited university or college in the United States. Please do not send official foreign transcripts. Credential evaluations are used to assess a student’s coursework against the U.S. grading system and to evaluate courses for possible transfer credit. In addition to submitting official academic records to the Carey Business School, applicants should make arrangements with an authorized credential evaluation agency for an evaluation of the degree, an assessment of the overall grade point average, and a course-by-course evaluation.

Fees and required documentation for evaluations may vary. Applicants are encouraged to contact the agency directly for additional information. The following agencies are authorized:

World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, New York 10274-5087
Telephone: 202-331-2925
Fax: 212-739-6100

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
Telephone: 414-289-3400

International Education Research Foundation
P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231
Telephone: 310-258-9451

Withdrawal Procedures

To withdraw from a course, students must submit an official add/drop form. Students may not withdraw from courses using SIS. Notice to the instructor of intent to withdraw is not sufficient, nor are telephone withdrawals accepted. The last date to withdraw from a class without academic penalty (without receiving the grade of F) is listed in the withdrawal schedule policy. Call the Office of the Registrar at 410-234-9250 for the last date to withdraw or change to auditor status for other alternate format courses.

Students who withdraw after the deadline or stop attending class at any time without properly submitting an official add/drop form receive an ‘F’ (Failure) for the course. Tuition refunds are calculated from the date of receipt of the add/drop form in the Office of the Registrar. Please note that the registration fee is non-refundable. International students on an F-1 visa are advised to contact International Services at 410-234-9280 before withdrawing or dropping a course.

Note: Federal aid recipients who withdraw from all course work in a semester may have aid returned to the federal government according to federal “Return of Title IV funds” regulations, a copy of which can be obtained at the Office of the Registrar. Aid recipients who withdraw from some courses in the semester but not all their courses may have their aid awards adjusted to the reduced cost of attendance. Students who drop to less than half-time prior to beginning the class may have their federal aid canceled, even if some portions have already been refunded to them for living expenses. Students will receive a bill from the school for the balance due. Withdrawing from classes may also impact future aid eligibility. Financial Aid recipients are advised to consult with both their academic advisor and the financial aid staff prior to withdrawing from classes.

JHU Carey Business School Course Withdrawal Schedule Policy

Course Load

Full-time graduate students are those who enroll for nine or more credits each semester. Part-time graduate students are those who enroll for less than nine credits each semester. Full-time undergraduate students are those who enroll for twelve or more credits each semester. Part-time undergraduate students are those who enroll for less than twelve credits each semester. No student may enroll in more than 17 credits total per semester.

Dropping a Course

Students may drop a course without financial penalty up to the date of the first class by going to Once classes begin, students who drop a course receive a pro-rated tuition refund. Tuition refunds are calculated from the date of receipt of the add/drop from in the Office of the Registrar (see refund schedule).

Note: Financial aid recipients will have their aid award adjusted according to credits registered. Students dropping to less than half-time status may have their aid canceled and will be responsible for any debit balance created.