Africa Business Club
The Johns Hopkins Carey Business School Africa Business Club!
The Africa Business Club is a student-led organization established to increase awareness of the business ecosystem on the African continent.
Vision: To be the premier student organization within Johns Hopkins for business in Africa. The Africa Business Club exists to champion business and career opportunities in Africa across the Johns Hopkins University. Its activities are professional, educational, and social in nature, and are open to all members of Johns Hopkins Community. At the core, the club is driven by a group of graduate students with a passion for the continuing economic, cultural, and social development of Africa.
- To create a platform for students to interact, collaborate, and support the development of the African continent.
- To bring Africans and friends of Africa across the Johns Hopkins Institutions together to give a voice to issues concerning Africa, and work towards providing solutions to these issues.
- To create and foster initiatives and partnerships between organizations and governments in Africa and the Hopkins community in business, academia, and nonprofit sectors.
- To welcome and reciprocate the support and friendship of all friends of Africa in satisfying the above objectives.
- President: Laura Buhnange
- Vice President: Mamadou Diallo
- Vice President: Godson Ndubueze
- Director of Strategic Initiatives: Midrelle Noumbissi
- Deputy Director of Strategic Initiatives: Jean Christophe Rusatira
- Director of Marketing Outreach: Temitope Oso
- Director of Strategic Partnerships: Abidemi Adisa-Ajibowo
Africa Business Conference 2020
The Johns Hopkins Carey Business School’s student-run Africa Business Club is hoping to spark a change in the narrative. That was the thrust behind last year’s Africa Business Conference, sponsored by the club and held at Carey’s Harbor East campus.
The Johns Hopkins Africa Student Club hosted the first Africa Diaspora Day Series highlighting the Nigerian Diaspora.
The first Africa Diaspora Day Series highlighting the Nigerian Diaspora. This event highlighted how Nigerians in the diaspora are making an impact in their fields, and how they are giving back to the continent.