Master critical concepts
Teaches students how to close deals and a full spectrum of skills and knowledge to thrive as a real estate professional, regardless of market conditions.
Edward St. John Real Estate Program
Provides the opportunity to learn fresh, innovative approaches to the field of real estate development.
Build your portfolio
Signature capstone provides a mentored professional real estate industry experience that integrates all aspects of the curriculum
Transform theory into practice
Faculty bridge disciplines to channel the Johns Hopkins legacy of excellence into better business outcomes with positive societal impact.
Learn about your class profile*
- 33 percent female / 67 percent male
- 46 percent of students from the U.S.
- 4 countries represented
- 673 average GMAT score
- 3.13 average undergraduate GPA
- 2.05 years average years full-time work experience
*Fall 2020 incoming class
Through the Edward St. John Real Estate Program, you'll build valuable connections within the industry and master critical concepts that transcend the industry with the Master of Science in Real Estate and Infrastructure. Develop multidisciplinary skills that will help you thrive in and out of real estate, regardless of market conditions.
The student handbook provides access to information about services and resources for students as well as policies and procedures.
The 2021 edition of the Carey Business School University Catalog is available.
Download fact sheet
One of the few graduate real estate programs to be part of a business school, the Master of Science in Real Estate and Infrastructure program will introduce you to multiple disciplines of the field, including investment, development, finance, construction and design, entrepreneurship, planning and sustainability, capital markets, and real estate law.
Required courses (26 credits)
Business foundations (8 credits)
- BU.120.601 Business Communication
- BU.131.601 Business Leadership and Human Values
- BU.231.620 Corporate Finance
- BU.510.601 Statistical Analysis
Functional core (18 credits)
- BU.241.620 Design and Construction Feasibility
- BU.230.640 Development Modeling and Risk Analysis
- BU.241.735 Infrastructure Development for Sustainable Cities
- BU.241.740 Project Finance & Public-Private Infrastructure Delivery
- BU.234.610 Real Estate and Infrastructure Finance
- BU.242.720 Real Estate Capital Market Analysis
- BU.241.610 Real Estate Investment and Development
- BU.132.615 Real Estate Legal Environment
- BU.242.601 Real Estate Market Feasibility Study
Electives (8 credits)
Students choose 4 courses from the following:
- BU.241.750 Advanced Valuation and Investment Analysis
- BU.241.725 Global Perspectives in Real Estate
- BU.242.715 Real Estate and Infrastructure Valuation
- BU.152.725 Real Estate Entrepreneurship
- BU.242.710 Real Estate Funds and Portfolio Management
- BU.242.701 Real Estate Investment Trusts: Analysis and Structuring
- BU.241.770 Smart Growth, Infrastructure and Real Estate Development
- BU.241.760 Strategic Commercial Leasing
Capstone (2 credits)
BU.245.790 Real Estate and Infrastructure Capstone
The career development team is committed to providing opportunities for you to build professional skills and competencies essential for a successful career search.
Students in this program have gone on to start or advance their real estate careers as investment analysts, asset management and acquisition advisers, fund managers, consultants, construction mangers, planners and others. These are just some of the roles in the real estate industry where you can find and connect with Carey alumni in the Washington, D.C. region, around the U.S., and across the globe.
The Johns Hopkins Carey Business School Real Estate Alumni Forum—known as Carey REAF—promotes and facilitates relationship building between students, alumni, faculty, Advisory Board members, and real estate industry leaders. Educational and social events are held regularly in addition to events hosted by local, regional, and national real estate professional organizations.
- Alex Brown Realty Inc.
- China Merchant’s Bank
- Clark Construction Group
- Enterprise Community Partners
- Fannie Mae
- Freddie Mac
- Fortress Investment Group LLC
- Greenland USA
- Host Hotels and Resorts
- The St. James LLC
- M&T Bank
- NGP Group
- Acquisitions Associate
- Broker Assistant
- Development & Acquisitions Associate
- Financial Risk Analyst
- Investment Analyst
- Real Estate Analyst
- Senior Consultant