MBA coursework is delivered online, allowing for busy students to complete their weekly assignments around a schedule that works for them.
This dual degree program positions graduates to be exceptional at patient care and safety while also giving them the tools to lead and manage change in a dynamic industry.
Take the lead
Offered with the Doctor of Nursing Practice executive track, this dual degree builds leaders ready to take on complex challenges.
This three-year lock-step program ensures students in the same cohort take all courses together. This was developed with great care to meet the needs of this unique student and allows the student to forge strong bonds with classmates.
The DNP/MBA curriculum combines the best in clinical care with a unique understanding of the bottom line in nursing and business. The curriculum prepares students to lead health care teams, while providing the evidence, ethical grounding, and business sense that forms the foundation for organizational planning.
The DNP/MBA is a 66-credit program, in addition to 448 practice hours. MBA courses can be taken in person or online. Some online courses require students to attend in-person residencies. Learn more about residencies here. For more information on plans of study, visit the School of Nursing.
Carey Business School
- BU.510.601 Statistical Analysis
- BU.120.601 Business Communication*
- BU.210.620 Accounting and Financial Reporting
- BU.220.620 Economics for Decision Making
- BU.231.620 Corporate Finance
- BU.350.620 Information Systems
- BU.410.620 Marketing Management
- BU.520.601 Business Analytics
- BU.220.610 The Firm and the Macroeconomy
- BU.232.701 Investments
- BU.680.620 Operations Management
- BU.142.620 Leadership in Organizations*
- BU.132.601 Business Law
- BU.131.601 Business Leadership and Human Values
- BU.121.610 Negotiation*
- Six electives
School of Nursing:
- Advanced Nursing Health Policy
- Problem Identification
- DNP Practicum
- Nursing Inquiry
- Translating Evidence into Practice
- Project Development
- Analysis and Evaluation of Individual and Population Health Data
- Project Implementation
- Clinical Data Management
*Online sections of Business Communication, Leadership in Organizations, and Negotiation also require students to attend an in-person residency at the Baltimore campus. Residencies for Business Communication and Leadership in Organizations are two and a half days each. The Negotiation residency is one and a half days.