Prior to joining the faculty of the Carey Business School, Frank has taught at EDHEC Business School, Yale, MIT, Princeton, Carnegie Mellon, and NYU. He holds the CFA and CPA professional designations. Frank has authored more than 100 books and edited two popular industry reference books (The Handbook of Fixed Income Securities and The Handbook of Mortgage-Backed Securities). He has served on several fund boards and an advisor to several asset management firms, investment banks, and government entities. Since 1985 he has been the editor of The Journal of Portfolio Management.
- PhD, Economics, Graduate Center of the City University of New York
- MA,Economics, City College of New York
- BA, Economics, City College of New York
- Frank J. Fabozzi, Sven Klingler, Pia Molgaard, and Mads Stenbo Nielsen, “Active Loan Trading,” Journal of Financial Intermediation,” Vol. 46, April 2021, pp. 1-17.
- Abootaleb Shirvani, Svetlozar T. Rachev, and Frank J. Fabozzi, “Multiple Subordinated Modeling of Asset Returns: Implications for Option Pricing,” Econometric Reviews, Vol. 43, No. 3, 2021, pp. 230-319.
- Frank J. Fabozzi, Robert Shiller, and Radu Tunaru, “Real Estate Derivatives: What Can Be Done to Tame Property Price Risk,” Journal of Economic Perspectives, Vol. 34, No. 4 (2020), pp. 121-145.
- Abdolreza Nazemi and Frank J. Fabozzi, “Macroeconomic Variable Selection for Creditor Recovery Rates” Journal of Banking & Finance, Vol. 89, April 2018, pp. 14-25.
- Jeroen Jansen, Sanjiv R. Das, and Frank J. Fabozzi, “Local Volatility and the Recovery Rate of Corporate Bonds,” Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 92 (July 2018), pp. 1-29.
- Vygantas Paulauskas, Svetlozar Rachev, and Frank J. Fabozzi, “Comment on ‘Weak Convergence to a Matrix Stochastic Integral with Stable Processes’.” Econometric Theory 27 (2011), pp. 907-911.
- John Mulvey, Koray Simsek, Zhoujuan Zhang, Frank J. Fabozzi, and Bill Pauling, “Assisting Underfunded U.S. Pension Plans.” Operations Research, Vol. 56 (September-October 2008), pp. 1066-1078.
- Ren-Raw Chen, Xiaolin Cheng, Frank J. Fabozzi and Bo Liu, "An Explicit, Multi Factor Credit Default Swap Pricing Model with Correlated Factors.” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Vol. 43, No. 1 (March 2008), pp. 123-160.
- Frank J. Fabozzi Dashan Huang, and JiexunWang, “What Difference Do New Factor Models Make in Portfolio Allocation?”
- Abdolreza Nazemi, Friedrich Baumann, and Frank J. Fabozzi, “Intertemporal Defaulted Bond Recoveries Prediction via Machine Learning”
- Corporate Finance
Honors and distinctions
- Editor, Journal of Portfolio Management
- Co-founder and co-editor, Journal of Financial Data Science
- Recipient of the 2015 James R. Vertin Award given by the CFA Institute
- Recipient of the 2007 C. Stewart Sheppard Award given by the CFA Institute
- Inducted into the Fixed Income Analysts Society Hall of Fame
- Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters, Nova Southeastern University
- Honorary Adjunct Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Texas Tech University
Impact and engagement
- Board of Directors/Trustees, BlackRock Fixed Income Complex
- Board of Directors, BlackRock BCIA Funds Board
- Conversations with Frank Fabozzi, sponsored by Portfolio Management Research, (https://www.pm-research.com/conversationswith)
In the media
Research cited in
- "ESG rush opens opportunities for betting against the angels: Unloved companies could deliver higher returns like ‘sin stock’ portfolios" Financial Times, April 26, 2021
- "Markets are giving the devil his due" Financial Times, June 19, 2009.
- "Sin-Stock Returns with the Sin Stocks," Barron's, September 17, 2017.
- "How Inflation-Protected Funds Get to Inflate their Yields," The Wall Street Journal, April 39, 2011