Xian Sun, PhD (Finance, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute) joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 2009. She is an Associate Professor in the practice track with expertise in the areas of emerging capital markets, institutional shareholders, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Ph D, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2006: Finance
- MBA, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2002 Major: Finance
- BA, Shanghai Jiaotong University, 2000
- Patro, D. Siddique, A., and Sun, X. 2013. Stress testing for market risk. Stress Testing: Approaches, Methods and Applications. Risk Books.
- Liu,Q., Sun, X., and Wu, H., 2019. Premier Advisory Services for VIP Acquirers. Journal of Corporate Finance 54, 1-25.
- Sun, X., Gunia, B., 2018. Economic Resources and Corporate Social Responsibility. Journal of Corporate Finance 51, 332-351.
- Ma, M., Sun, X., Waisman, M., Zhu, Y. 2016. State ownership and market liberalization: Evidence from China's domestic M&A market. Journal of International Money and Finance Available online July 2016.
- Francis, B., Hasan, I., Sun, X., Wu. Q. 2016. CEO Political Preference and Corporate Tax Sheltering. Journal of Corporate Finance 38, 37-53.
- Francis, B., Hasan, I., Sun, X., Waisman, M. 2014. Can Firms Learn by Observing? Evidence from Cross-Border M&As. Journal of Corporate Finance 25, 202-215.
- Francis, B., Hasan, I., Lothian, J. and Sun, X. 2010. The Signaling Hypothesis Revisited: Evidence from Foreign IPOs. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 45, 81-106.
- Francis, B., Hasan, I. and Sun, X. 2009. Political Connections and the Process of Going Public: Evidence from China. Journal of International Money and Finance, 28, 696-719.
- Francis, B., Hasan, I. and Sun, X. 2008. Financial Market Integration and the Value of Global Diversification: Evidence for US Acquirers in Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions. Journal of Banking and Finance, 32, 1522-1540.
- Francis, B., Hasan, I., Liu, Q. and Sun, X. Creditor Control and CEO Compensation.
- Francis, B., Wu, Q., Sun, X., Do talented managers avoid more taxes?
- Jiang, E., Sun, X., Zhang, H., The rising De Facto Power: China Evidence
Refereed Journal Articles under Submission
- Francis, B., Sun, X., Wu, Q., Ren, N. Do Better Managers Get Better Loan Contracts? R&R
- Liu, Q., Sun, X., Wu, H. Premier Financial Advisory Service in M&As. R&R
- Francis, B., Hasan, I., and Sun, X., CEO Compensation and Covenant Violation. Submitted.
- Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Emerging Markets
- Accounting Foundations
Honors and distinctions
- Excellence in Teaching Award 2018, The Johns Hopkins University Alumni Association
- Dean’s Award. (July 2018)
- Dean’s Award. (July 2017)
- On-The-Spot Awards, Office of the Comptroller of Currency, September 2007, December 2007, August 2008
- Del and Edith Karger Dissertation Prize in Management, RPI, May 2006