Dr. Demir Yener (PhD Syracuse University) is a financial economist who draws on a broad base of global expertise as an academic and practitioner, policy formulator and business strategist. He specializes in developing comprehensive technical assistance and training plans and programs for financial sector development and corporate governance projects on a global basis. He joined the Carey school from USAID where he served as senior project manager and financial sector advisor in designing, developing and managing economic development projects in emerging countries in the financial sector, capital markets and corporate governance regulation. Previously, he was Professor of Finance at Babson College (Boston), where he taught corporate finance, investments, financial institutions, business valuation and portfolio management courses. He later joined the World Bank.
- Ph. D, Finance, Accounting, and Corporate Governance, Gazi University
- MBA, Finance, School of Management - Syracuse University
- BS, Accounting and Finance, Academy of Economic and Commercial Sciences
- John R. S. Fraser and Betty J. Simkins, (eds) Enterprise Risk Management, Risk Management in Emerging Countries. Chapter contribution. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., January 2010.
- “Mongolia Corporate Governance Review.” USAID. 2008.
- “To Disclose or Not to Disclose: That is the Question.” IFC Conference on the Role of Transparency and Disclosure in Corporate Governance. November 2006. Cairo, Egypt.
- “Corporate Governance: The Antidote to Corruption”. Future Developments in Corporate Governance: Competition and Access to Finance Conference, June 2005. Bucharest, Romania.
- “Ukraine Financial Sector Diagnostic Assessment: 2004.” FMI. June 2004.Bethesda, Maryland.
- “Developing Financial Sector Infrastructure and Policies: Lessons Learned” USAID. Feb 2004.
- “Corporate Governance in Kazakhstan: A Current Perspective.” CIPE. November 2003.Washington, DC.
- “Corporate Governance: A Comparative Study of Five Emerging Countries," with Carl McGowan, Global Finance Annual Conference, Monterrey, CA, May 2013.
- “Measuring Corporate Governance Compliance with OECD Guidelines at Eleven Countries,” with Carl McGowan, Multinational Finance Society, 20th Annual Conference, Izmir, Turkey. July 2013.
- Corporate Governance