Arnab Bisi, PhD (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology) is an Assistant Professor on practice track at the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School from 2014. Previously he worked as an Assistant Professor at the Krannert School of Management of Purdue University. Dr. Bisi’s research interests include supply chain management, inventory management, stochastic modeling and optimization, dynamic pricing, and operational risk management.
Honors and distinctions
- CIBER Summer Faculty Research Award, 2011
- CIBER Summer Faculty Research Award, 2010
- Faculty Research Award from the Dauch Center for the Management of Manufacturing Enterprises and the Global Supply Chain Management Initiative of Purdue University, 2008
- CIBER Faculty International Travel Award, 2005
- A Non-Parametric Adaptive Algorithm for the Censored Newsvendor Problem, forthcoming in IIE Transactions, 2014 (with Karanjit Kalsi and Golnaz Abdollahian).
- Wholesale-Price Contracts with Postponed and Fixed Retail Prices, Operations Research Letters, 40 (2012), 250-257 (with Yanyi Xu)
- Yield Management of Workforce for IT Service Providers, Decision Support Systems, 53 (2012), 23-33 (with Joung Yeon Kim and Kemal Altinkemer).
- A Periodic Review Base Stock Inventory System with Sales Rejection, Operations Research, 59 (2011), 742-753 (with Yanyi Xu and Maqbool Dada).
- A Censored-Data Multiperiod Inventory Problem with Newsvendor Demand Distributions, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 13 (2011), 525-533 (with Maqbool Dada and Surya Tokdar).
- Optimal Operating Policies in a Commodity Trading Market with the Manufacturer's Presence, Naval Research Logistics, 57 (2010), 127-148 (with Hui Zhao).
- A Centralized Ordering and Allocation System with Backorders and Strategic Lost Sales, IIE Transactions, 42 (2010), 812-824(with Yanyi Xu and Maqbool Dada).
- New Structural Properties of (s, S) Policies for Inventory Models with Lost Sales, Operations Research Letters, 38 (2010), 441-449 (with Yanyi Xu and Maqbool Dada).
- Dynamic Learning, Pricing, and Ordering by a Censored Newsvendor, Naval Research Logistics, 54 (2007), 448-461 (with Maqbool Dada).
Works in progress
- Base Stock Policies for the Lost Sales Inventory Model: A Markovian Analysis (with Yanyi Xu and Maqbool Dada).
- Computing the Stocking Policies for the Dynamic Newsvendor Problem with Censored Demand (with Surya Tokdar).
- Integrated Contract and Spot Market Procurementby a Risk-Averse Buying Firm (with Santosh Mahapatra, Narasimhan Ram and Shlomo Levental).
- A Periodic Review Inventory System with Partial Backorders and Inventory Holdback (with Yanyi Xu and Maqbool Dada).
- A Base Stock Inventory System with Customer Impatience (with Yanyi Xu).