Call for Papers: 2022 Carey Finance Conference
The 5th Johns Hopkins Carey Finance Conference will be held at the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore MD, on Friday, October 21, 2022.
This one-day conference will feature 7 paper presentations with discussants and floor discussion. The keynote speaker is Maureen O'Hara, Robert W. Purcell Professor of Finance and Professor of Economics, Cornell University Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management.
We invite completed paper submissions in all areas of finance. We especially welcome papers in the following areas:
- cryptocurrencies, fintech, climate finance, and ESG;
- macro-finance, expectations, beliefs, and sentiment;
- intermediaries and market microstructure;
- international finance, geo-political and inflation risks
We encourage submissions of early-stage papers that would benefit from presentation and discussion. Please, do not submit a paper that has been accepted for publication in a journal.
Conference participants will select the Best Paper and Best Discussant for a $1,500 and $1,000 Award, respectively.
How to Submit
The submission fee for each paper is US $50.
Email carey.OFR@jhu.edu with your paper submission via PDF format, and you will receive a reply with an invoice for the submission fee.
All submissions and payments must be completed no later than Sunday, July 24, 2022. The conference will cover travel (economy class) and lodging expenses for all presenters and discussants.
Authors of selected papers will be notified by the end of August 2022. If you have any questions, contact carey.OFR@jhu.edu.
- Francesco Bianchi, Johns Hopkins University
- Briana Chang, Wisconsin School of Business
- Riccardo Colacito, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Lin William Cong, Cornell University SC Johnson College of Business
- Gianni De Nicolò, Carey Business School, Johns Hopkins University
- Wenxin Du, Booth School of Business, University of Chicago
- George Gao, T. Rowe Price
- Stefano Giglio, Yale School of Management
- Deeksha Gupta, Carey Business School, Johns Hopkins University
- Sabrina T. Howell, NYU Stern
- Marcin Kacperczyk, Imperial College London
- Brian Meloon, Campbell & Company
- Prachi Mishra, International Monetary Fund
- Marzena J. Rostek, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Nikolai Roussanov, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Zhaogang Song, Carey Business School, Johns Hopkins University
- Annette Vissing-Jorgensen, Federal Reserve Board
- Mindy Z. Xiaolan, McCombs School of Business, University of Texas at Austin
- Dacheng Xiu, Booth School of Business, University of Chicago
- Haoxiang Zhu, Sloan School of Management, MIT