Javad Abed, PhD in Information Systems, joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 2020. He is an Assistant Professor of Practice. He is a certified cybersecurity and cloud computing professional and has taught a variety of courses including the technical and managerial aspects of Information Systems. His research interests are in diverse settings involving behavioral and design science issues in the Information Systems field.
- PhD, Business Administration - Information Systems, Virginia Commonwealth University
- MSc, Information Systems, Middle East Technical University
- BSc, Information Technology Engineering, University of Tabriz
- Javad Abed, “Digital Technology in Changing Social Relations — The Social Internet of Things: Developing a New Method for Leveraging the Friendships between IoT Devices,” In Digital Strategies and Organizational Transformation (Chapter 9), World Scientific (WS), 2023, 1-18.
- Javad Abed and Heinz Roland Weistroffer, “Understanding Deterrence Theory in Security Compliance Behavior: A Quantitative Meta-Analysis Approach,” Southern Association for Information Systems (SAIS), Paper 28, 2016 Proceedings, 1-6.
- Javad Abed and Gurpreet Dhillon, “A Review of the Compliance Behavior Studies in Information Systems Security Field: Current Trends and Future Directions,” In proceedings of the Annual Information Institute Conference, March, 29-30, 2016, 1-14.
- Javad Abed and Gurpreet Dhillon, “Investigating Continuous Security Compliance Behavior: Insights from Information Systems Continuance Model,” Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), 2016, 1-16.
- Gurpreet Dhillon, Lemuria D. Carter and Javad Abed, “Defining Objectives for Securing the Internet of Things: A Value- Focused Thinking Approach,” Workshop on Information Security and Privacy (WISP), 2016 Proceedings, 1-18
- Cybersecurity and data vulnerability
- Information systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Database Systems
- Introduction to Computational Thinking
- Fundamentals of Data Communications
- Information Systems Plan and Project Management
- IT Infrastructure and Security