Su Han Chan, PhD (Finance, University of Texas at Austin) joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 2014. She is a professor with expertise in the areas of corporate finance and real estate. Prior to joining JHU Carey, she was Professor in the Zicklin School of Business at Baruch College/City University of New York.
Honors and distinctions
- Associate Editor, Journal of Real Estate Research (2000-present)
- Associate Editor, International Real Estate Review (1998 - present)
- Guest Co-Editor, Review of Financial Economics (2007 Special Issue on Joint Ventures and Business Alliances)
- Editorial Board, Financial Management Survey and Synthesis Series (1998-2009)
- Associate Editor, Journal of Financial Research (1997-2000)
- Best MBA Teacher Award, School of Business, University of Hong Kong (1999/2000)
- Su Han Chan, Jiajin Chen, and Ko Wang, Does a Firm's Entry or Exit Affect Competitors' Value? Evidence from the REIT Industry. Real Estate Economics, 47(1), 2019, 214-262.
- Su Han Chan, Jiajin Chen, and Ko Wang, “Are REIT IPOs Unique? The Global Evidence,” Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics 47, 2013, 719-759.
- Songtao Wang, Su Han Chan, and Bohua Xu, “The Estimation and Determinants of the Price Elasticity of Housing Supply: Evidence from China," Journal of Real Estate Research 34, 2012, 311-344.
- Su Han Chan, Fang Fang, and Jing Yang, “Presales, Financing Constraints, and Developers’ Production Decisions,” Journal of Real Estate Research 30, 2008, 345-375.
- Su Han Chan, Wai-Kin Leung, and Ko Wang, “Changes in REIT Structure and Stock Performance: Evidence from the Monday Stock Anomaly,” Real Estate Economics 33, 2005, 89-120.
- Su Han Chan, Wai-Kin Leung, and Ko Wang, “The Impact of Institutional Investors on the Monday Seasonal,” Journal of Business 77, 2004, 967-986.
- Su Han Chan, John Erickson, and Ko Wang, "Real Estate Investment Trusts: Structure, Performance, and Investment Opportunities", Oxford University Press: New York, 2003, 352 pages.
- Su Han Chan, John Kensinger, Art Keown, and John Martin, "Do Strategic Alliances Create Value?" Journal of Financial Economics 46, November 1997, 199-221.
- Su Han Chan, George Gau, and Ko Wang, "Stock-market Reaction to Capital Investment Decisions: Evidence from Business Relocation Announcements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 30, March 1995, 81-100.
- Ko Wang, Su Han Chan and George Gau, "Initial Public Offerings of Equity Securities: Anomalous Evidence Using REITs," Journal of Financial Economics 31, 1992, 381-410.
- Su Han Chan, John Kensinger and John Martin, "Corporate Research and Development Expenditures and Share Value," Journal of Financial Economics 26, 1990, 255-276.