Ozge Sahin, PhD
|Academic Area||Operations Management & Business Analytics|
|Areas of Interest||Pricing and revenue management, Supply-chain management|
Ozge Sahin is a Full Professor of Operations Management and Business Analytics at the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School, where she teaches in MBA, and Masters in Business Analytics Programs. She received her PhD and MS degrees in Operations Research from Columbia University.
Her research interests include pricing, revenue and marketplace analytics, consumer choice models and strategic capacity management. Some of her recent research projects include analysis of pricing strategies with consumer search cost, ancillary service pricing, identifying consumer biases and heuristics for sequential decision making in retail. Ozge has published papers in prestigious academic journals including Management Science, Operations Research, Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, among others. She is currently the Department Editor of revenue management and pricing area of Decision Sciences Journal.
- Ph. D, Operations Research, Columbia University
- MS, Operations Research, Columbia University
- BS, Industrial Engineering, Bilkent University
- R. Wang, M. Dada, O. Sahin "``Pricing Ancillary Service Subscriptions,'' forthcoming in Management Science, 2018.
- Y. Cui*, I. Duenyas, O. Sahin "``Pricing Ancillary Services: When to Unbundle?,'' Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, Articles in Advance, April 2018.
- Y. Cui*, I. Duenyas, O. Sahin "Pricing of Conditional Upgrades in the Presence of Strategic Consumers,'' Management Science, Articles in Advance, July 2017.
- R. Wang, O. Sahin ``"The Impact of Search Cost on Assortment Design and Pricing,'' Management Science, July 2017.
- S. Leider, O. Sahin ``"Contracts, Biases and Consumption of Access Services,'' Management Science, 60(9), 2014, 2198-2222.
- Y. Cui, I. Duenyas, O. Sahin "Should Event Organizers Prevent Resale of Tickets?,'' Management Science, 60(9), 2014, 2160-2179.
- O. Ceryan, O. Sahin, I. Duenyas ``"Managing Demand and Supply for Multiple Products Through Dynamic Pricing and Capacity Flexibility,'' Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, Winter 2013 vol. 15 no. 1 86-101.
- G. Gallego, O. Sahin, ``"Revenue Management with Partially Refundable Fares," Operations Research, 58 (4, Part 1 of 2), 2010, 817-33.
- Offering Memories to Sell Goods? Pricing and Welfare Implications of Experiential Retail, With N. Mutlu, H. El-Amine.
- Dynamic Cancellation Policies in the Presence of ``Pay Now" and ``Pay Later" Options. With S. Najafi, I., Duenyas
- L. Ding*, R. Kapucinski, O. Sahin ``Price Restraining Policies and Improving Profits by Increasing Search Frictions,'' under revision
- Innovation Field Project, MBA Core Experiential Learning Course
- Advanced Business Analytics, Masters in Business Analytics
- Operations Management, MBA and Masters
Honors and distinctions
- Full-Time MBA Program Academic Program Director 2016-2019
- Johns Hopkins Carey Business School Dean's Award for Faculty Excellence, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Co-chair of 20th Informs Revenue Management and Pricing Conference at Johns Hopkins Carey Business School, 2019
- Department Editor for Revenue Management and Pricing Department, Decision Sciences Journal, 2018-
- Co-Chair, Johns Hopkins Symposium on Healthcare Operations 2016-
- Elected Board Member, Treasurer and Secretary, MSOM Society, 2015-16
- Elected Board Member, Treasurer and Secretary, RMP Section, 2018-19
- M&SOM Meritorious Service Award, 2014, 2015
- First Place Winner, INFORMS Service Science Section Best Student Paper Competition (co-advised Yao Cui), 2013
- 2013 Net Institute Summer Grant
- AGIFORS Anna Valicek Medal, October 2006
- AGIFORS Annual Symposium Most Innovative Research Award, Guaruja, Brazil, September 2005
In the media
- Research Universities Advance Knowledge of Business, Finance, University Research Corridor (November 5, 2012)
- How Ticket Resales Enrich Event Promoters, Futurity (August 7, 2012)
- Admit One: Promoters Oppose Ticket-Resale Industry but Could Benefit by It, Study Finds, PRWeb (August 7, 2012)
- Beating the Box Office Blues, Ross School of Business News \& Media (May 14, 2012)
- Johns Hopkins business study reveals ways to amp up promos, QSRweb (June 22, 2018)
- Johns Hopkins Research Examines Consumer Reaction to ``Conditional" Discounts. PRWeb (June 22, 2018)