Jeffrey Fisher joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 2015 as a visiting professor. He is a professor emeritus from the Indiana University Kelley School of Business where he was a chair professor of real estate and finance and director of the Center for Real Estate Studies. He is also president of the Homer Hoyt Institute and senior consultant to the National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries. Fisher has served on the board of directors of the Pension Real Estate Association, the National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries (NCREIF), and the Real Estate Research Institute (RERI). He received a doctorate in Real Estate from Ohio State University. Fisher has published extensively in the top real estate academic and professional journals. At Carey, Fisher has taught Real Estate Funds and Portfolio Management.
Honors and distinctions
- PREA/Graaskamp Award for Research Excellence from the Pension Real Estate Association
- The Richard Ratcliff Award
- Ricardo Award and the Pioneer Award from the American Real Estate Society
- The George Bloom Award from the American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association
- The Martin S. Katz Memorial Award from the American Property Tax Council (APTC)