Goker Aydin joined the Carey Business School in 2017. Prior to joining Carey, Goker served on the faculty of the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University and the Department of Industrial and Operations Engineering at the University of Michigan.
Goker's research is driven by the demand and supply uncertainty facing both retailers and their suppliers. To manage such uncertainty, firms can use inventory as a buffer, or they can leverage their prices to match supply with demand. Goker’s research uses mathematical models to gain insights into such inventory and pricing decisions. His research has been published in leading operations management journals such as Management Science, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, and Operations Research.
Goker taught several different courses on supply chain management, revenue management, and data analytics. He served as a faculty advisor for an experiential course that combined on-campus instruction with work and travel in developing countries. His teaching has been recognized by several awards.
- Ph. D, Industrial Engineering, Stanford University
- MS, Industrial Engineering, Purdue University
- BS, Industrial Engineering, Bogazici University
- S. Ye, G. Aydin, S. Hu “Sponsored Search Marketing: Dynamic Pricing and Advertising for an Online Retailer.” Management Science, 2015, 61:1255-1274.
- B. Rodriguez, G. Aydin “Pricing and Assortment Decisions for a Manufacturer Selling through Dual Channels.” European Journal of Operational Research, 2015, 242:901-909.
- G. Aydin, H. S. Heese “Bargaining for an Assortment.” Management Science, 2015, 61:542-559.
- S. Guo, G. Aydin, G. C. Souza “Dismantle or Remanufacture?” European Journal of Operational Research, 2014, 233:580-583.
- M. Mayorga, H. Ahn, G. Aydin “Optimal Assortment and Inventory Decisions with Multiple Quality Levels.” Annals of Operations Research, 2013, 211:301-331.
- C. Kuo, H. Ahn, G. Aydin “Pricing Policy in a Supply Chain: Negotiation or Posted Pricing.” Production and Operations Management, 2013, 22:626-641.
- Z. Yang, G. Aydin, V. Babich, D. Beil “Using a Dual Sourcing Option in the Presence of Asymmetric Information about Supplier Reliability: Competition vs. Diversification.” Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 2012, 14:202-217.
- C. Kuo, H. Ahn, G. Aydin “Dynamic Pricing of Limited Inventories when Customers Negotiate.” Operations Research, 2011, 59:882-897.
- S. Ye, G. Aydin, S. Hu “Optimal Spending for a Search Funnel.” In preparation for second round of review at Manufacturing & Service Operations Management.
- Han Zhang, G. Aydin, Rodney P. Parker “Social Responsibility Auditing of Supply Chain Networks.” In preparation for second round of review at Management Science.
- Han Zhang, G. Aydin, H. Sebastian Heese “Curbing the Usage of Conflict Minerals: A Supply Network Perspective.” In preparation for second round of review at Production and Operations Management.
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Data Analytics
Honors and distinctions
- Associate Editor / Senior Editor for: Decision Sciences; Manufacturing & Service Operations Management (M&SOM); Production and Operations Management. 2015, 2014 Indiana University Kelley School MBA Class Teaching Excellence Award
- 2015 Indiana University Kelley School Trustee Teaching Award
- 2015 Runner up, MSOM iFORM Best Paper Award, “Using a Dual Sourcing Option in the Presence of Asymmetric Information about Supplier Reliability: Competition vs. Diversification”
- 2014 Management Science Distinguished Service Award
- 2018, 2012, 2011 Management Science Meritorious Service Award
- 2017, 2011, 2009 M&SOM Meritorious Service Award
- 2009 INFORMS JFIG Paper Competition Finalist, “Personalized Dynamic Pricing of Limited Inventories”
- 2008 Alpha Pi Mu Outstanding Professor of the Year, awarded by the student honor society Alpha Pi Mu, Department of Industrial and Operations Engineering, University of Michigan – Ann Arbor
- 2008 Jon R. and Beverly S. Holt Award for Excellence in Teaching, awarded by the College of Engineering at the University of Michigan