Reza Djavanshir, Doctor of Science in Systems Engineering and Engineering Management, joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 2002. He is an Associate Professor in the practice track with expertise in the areas of Global Sourcing and Supply Chains, Technology Transfer & Strategic Planning, Technology Institutionalization, Auto-poetic Meta-Systems Design, and Systems Integration strategies.
ScD. Systems Engineering, George Washington University. MS. Industrial Engineering & O.R. George Washington University (Advisor, Donald Gross). BSc. Mathematical Sciences, State University of Azarabadegan-Tabriz, Iran.
Honors and distinctions
- Winner of the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School Excellence in Teaching Award, 2010
- Editorial Boards:
- IEEE Technology & Society, 2010-present
- IEEE IT Professional, 2004-present
- Scientific Journal of Administrative Development, 2004-present
- Communicating as IT Professional, 2005, Prince Hall. (with J. Liebowitz, and W.W. Agresti)
- Technology Based Strategic Planning, study guide, McGraw Hill, 2004.
- Djavanshir, G., R., Novitzky, J. & Khorramshahgol, R. (2009). "Critical Characteristics of Meta-Systems: Toward Defining Meta-systems’ Governance Structure." IEEE Computer Society, IT Pro. Vol. 11. No 2.
- Khorramshahghol, R. & Djavanshir, G.R. (August 2008). Application of analytic hierarchy process to Taguchi method to determine proportionality constant in quality loss function. IEEE Transaction on Engineering Management.
- Djavanshir, G. R. & Khorramshahgol, R. (July 2007). The key process areas of systems integration. IEEE Computer Society IT Pro.
- Djavanshir, G. R., & Agresti, W.W. (2007). Success factors in IT consulting and their reliance on effective communications. IEEE Computer Society IT Pro, 8(1), 24-29.
- Djavanshir, G. R. & Khorramshahghol, R. (1996). An evaluation of networking technologies. Journal of Telematics and Informatics, 13(1), 17-22.
Works in progress
- Getting ERP Right Contributes to Strategic Value Creation: A Literature Survey, sent for publication in European Journal of Operational Research.
- Djavanshir, R. and et al (Invited paper, under final review for publication). What is a Meta-system – Toward defining the Characteristics of Meta-systems Design. IEEE Computer Society IT Pro, Special Issue.
- Brooks, T. Djavanshir, G.R. Linking Strategy with Successful Executions: A Conceptual Model of Enterprise Change Management Framework
- Djavanshir, R. (TBD). The elements of systems integration and their relationship with the elements of system-of-systems.