Dr. Reza Djavanshir, Doctor of Science in Systems Engineering, joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 2002.
He is a Professor in the practice track with specific expertise in the areas of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Smart
Infrastructures developments, Technology Transfer, Institutionalizations, and Strategic Planning.
- ScD, Systems Engineering, George Washington University.
- MS, Industrial Engineering & O.R. George Washington University (Advisor, Donald Gross).
- BSc, Mathematical Sciences, State University of Azarabadegan-Tabriz, Iran.
- G. Reza Djavanshir, Communications for IT Professional, with Liebowitz, J, Agresti, W. Prentice Hal,NJ: (2006).
- Djavanshir, G. R. (2016). The Institutional Inertias of Technology-driven Economics Development. In Phillip Phan (Ed.), Academic Entrepreneurship: Translating Discoveries to the Marketplace. Cheltenham, UK: Edgar Publisher, pp. 185-205. (20th ed., pp. 185-205). Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Djavanshir, G. (2014). What are Systems-of-Systems (Metasystem) and Authopoietic (self- producing) Systems. In Phillip Laplante and et al., / IEEE and Pennsylvania State University (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Information Systems and Technology. New York, NY: Encyclopedia of Information Systems and Technology, Francis Taylor and IEEE.
- Alavizadeh, A., Djavanshir, G., Tarokh, M. J., Mo, J. (2012). Agile Value Creation and Co- evolution in Global Supply Chains. In Ephrem Eyob and 10th Ed.), Customer- Oriented Global Supply Chains (vol. 1, pp. 30). IGI Global Publisher.
- Technology Based Strategic Planning, study guide, McGraw Hill, 2004.
- Djavanshir, G., R., Novitzky, J. & Khorramshahgol, R. (2009). "Critical Characteristics of Meta-Systems: Toward Defining Meta-systems’ Governance Structure." IEEE Computer Society, IT Pro. Vol. 11. No 2.
- Khorramshahghol, R. & Djavanshir, G.R. (August 2008). Application of analytic hierarchy process to Taguchi method to determine proportionality constant in quality loss function. IEEE Transaction on Engineering Management.
- Djavanshir, G. R. & Khorramshahgol, R. (July 2007). The key process areas of systems integration. IEEE Computer Society IT Pro.
- Djavanshir, G. R., & Agresti, W.W. (2007). Success factors in IT consulting and their reliance on effective communications. IEEE Computer Society IT Pro, 8(1), 24-29.
- Djavanshir, G. R. & Khorramshahghol, R. (1996). An evaluation of networking technologies. Journal of Telematics and Informatics, 13(1), 17-22.
- Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Medical Diagnoses
- Artificial Intelligence in service deliveries.
- Smart Infrastructures developments for building Smart Cities.
- Data (Telecom) Networks Infrastructures and Emerging Technologies.
- IT Development and Global-sourcing Strategies.
- Artificial Intelligence.
- Business Analytics. Managing Complex Projects
- Advanced Topics in Information Systems - Large-scale Meta-systems ("System-of-Systems") Architecture.
- Telecom Networks, Mobile and Cloud Systems
- Technology Strategic Planning
Honors and distinctions
- Dean’s Award for Faculty Excellence, 2019
- Dean’s Award for Faculty Excellence, 2018
- Dean's Award for Faculty Excellence, 2017
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Johns Hopkins University’s Students Association, 2010.
- Associate Editor In Chief (AEIC), IEEE, Computer Society IT Professionals: 2017 -
- Chief Editor for IEEE Computer Society, ITPro.’s Special Issue in Artificial Intelligence (AI), 2020.
- Chair IEEE Computer Society for Selecting and awarding Best papers, 2018 – Present.
- Editor (Information Systems), IEEE Computer Society, ITPro; 2004 – Present.
- Associate Editor, JCIS - Journal of Computer and Info Systems, Minneapolis, 2012 – Present
- Associate Editor, IEEE, Technology and Society: November 1, 2010 – 2017.
- Associate Editor, Journal of Administrative Science: September 2007 – 2014.