Identity in the Workplace Series
Identity in the Workplace is a monthly dialogue between Carey students and alumni who identify as, ally, and advocate across various intersectional identities.
Each session will open with a member or two of our community sharing their stories around challenges and opportunities in the workplace, and then we will open up to discussion on that specific identity in the workplace.
This program offers a safe and open space for all, and we are coming together to create an inclusive experience. There is intersectionality among these identities, which we welcome and will naturally come up in each session.
LGBTQ+ in the Workplace, October 28 from 12-1pm EST
- Co-Sponsored by Out for Business
- Students and alumni: Register in Handshake
- Brian Fruchey, MBA 2008 | Brian Fruchey is the Senior Director of Meta's Interviewer and Assessment team. Leveraging his past experience in People Analytics, his teams use data to drive improvements in consistency and quality of the hiring and evaluation processes. He has worked at Meta (formally Facebook) for nearly 7 years. Previous to Meta he was the Head of People Analytics at Indeed.com and has held various senior level roles at eBay, the Department of Defense, and Accenture.
- Charlie Acosta, MPH/MBA 2022 | Charlie was an MD before joining the MPH/MBA program (’22), works in Biotechnology in the active life-science hub of Boston, researching cell and gene therapies while providing strategic insights for health economics and market value access and building career development opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds. Charlie served as President of Out for Business and won the 2022 “Carey Collaborative Leadership Award” for bringing LGBTQ+ cases to class and prioritizing gender inclusive practices for business. Living between New York and Baltimore, Charlie can be found having a cup of coffee at Pitango all the way to bungee jumping in South America.
Past Topics & Storytellers
Race in the Workplace (9/30/22), co-Sponsored by Chinese Student Scholar Association and the Indian Student Association
- Francis Anthony, MBA 2022
- Yu (Yunie) Chen, MS Applied Economics 2022, AAP
Academic Year 2021-2022 Topics & Storytellers
Gender in the Workplace (9/15/21)
- Dr. Valerie Suslow, Professor and Vice Dean for Faculty and Research
- Laura Reilly, MBA 2023 Candidate
Race in the Workplace (10/13/21)
- Dr. Luis Quintero, Assistant Professor
- Louise Jordan, MBA 2023 Candidate
Accessibility in the Workplace (11/10/21)
- Candace Reinhardt, MS Health Care Management 2022 Candidate
- Jonathan Levine, MBA Alumnus
LGBTQ+ in the Workplace (1/26/22)
- Ian Brown, MS Organizational Development 1999
- Will Dinneen, MBA 2022
- Sarthi Manchanda, MBA/MPH 2023
Mental Health in the Workplace (2/23/22)
- Dr. Kevin Frick, Professor
- Nalini Adele Pinto, MBA/MS 2022 Candidate
- Kate DeNatale, MBA 2023 Candidate
Socioeconomics in the Workplace (3/30/22)
- Kiante Bush, MBA 2022 Candidate from Morgan State University in partnership with Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
- Jessica Antonen, MBA 2024 Candidate and Carey Staff
- Chuck Amos, MBA 2012
Global Citizens/Expats in the Workplace (4/20/22)
- Walaa Garoot, MBA 2024
- Rowena Marquez Sevilla, MBA 2020
- Saanika Pillai, MBA 2018
If you have any questions, please contact: Carey.Careerdevelopment@jhu.edu