MBA coursework is delivered online, allowing for busy students to complete their weekly assignments around a schedule that works for them.
This dual degree positions graduates to be exceptional at patient care and safety while also giving them the tools to lead and manage change in a dynamic industry.
Take this program as a full-time student and complete it sooner, or continue working full-time and enroll as a part-time student.
Take the lead
Offered within the MSN Health System management track, this dual degree builds leaders armed with the skills to manage complex problems.
The MBA/MSN in Healthcare Organizational Leadership is grounded in Johns Hopkins’ commitment to exceptional patient care and is complemented with a focus on management and administration, information technology, health policy, or case and population management.
The 2021 edition of the Carey Business School University Catalog is available.
With an MBA/MSN in Health Systems Management, you will crunch the data to guide organizational policy and priorities, while never forgetting the patient and family at the other end of every decision. You are a nurse who sees various means to only one end: better health care.
The MBA/MSN in Health Systems Management is a 65-credit program, in addition to 376 total clinical hours. MBA courses can be taken in person or online. Some online courses require students to attend in-person residencies. Learn more about residencies here. For more information on plans of study, visit the School of Nursing.
MBA Business Foundations (20 credits)
- Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Business Analytics
- Business Communication*
- Corporate Finance
- Economics for Decision Making
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Statistical Analysis
- Strategic Management
- Leadership and Organizational Behavior
MBA Business Electives** (22 credits)
- City Lab
- Data Analytics
- Entrepreneurial Ventures
- Fixed Income
- Managing in a Diverse & Global World
- Marketing Strategy
- Social Media Analytics
- Wealth Management
*Online sections of Business Communication also require students to attend an in-person residency at the Baltimore campus. The residency for Business Communication is two days.
**Not a comprehensive list
School of Nursing
- Context of Health Care for Advanced Nursing Practice
- Healthcare Organizational Leadership Practicum I
- Healthcare Organizational Leadership Practicum II
- Healthcare Organizational Leadership Practicum III
- Leadership and Organizational Culture: Theories and Practice in Contemporary Healthcare
- Leadership Role Identity and Career Development
- Philosophical, Theoretical, and Ethical Basis of Advanced Nursing Practice
- The Research Process and Its Application to Evidence-Based Practice