Expand your network
As a student at the Bloomberg School of Public Health and the Carey Business School, you will build a network that includes professionals spanning industries and sectors.
Become a health leader
In the MBA program, you will learn important skills to help you become a leader in your field.
Set yourself apart from other MPH graduates with an MBA. Armed with a deep understanding of the business of health, graduates are uniquely qualified to work in the dynamic world of public health.
Two degrees, less time
By completing these degrees simultaneously, you will earn two degrees in less time and less credits than it would take to complete them separately.
Learn about our class profile.
- 700 mean GMAT score
- 84 percent female / 16 percent male
- 68 percent of students from the U.S.
This unique full-time program enables integrates philosophies, functions, and competencies of public health and business. You will master the principles of population-based health and business skills like finance management, strategic planning, leadership, and negotiation.
The 2021 edition of the Carey Business School University Catalog is available.
Students complete their MPH courses and MBA simultaneously, allowing for immediate integration of the two degrees. The curriculum prepares students to assess the public health needs of a defined population; analyze, develop, and implement targeted health policies and programs; serve as a change agent within the industry; and take a leadership role in your organization and community.
The 23-month program begins in July when you will take your summer courses with the full-time MPH students. During the fall and spring in both years, your coursework will include an integrated curriculum of both public health and business courses. During the summer between your first and second year, you will complete an internship at an organization and apply your business and public health education in a real-world setting.
Carey Business School (MBA)
- BU.210.620 Accounting and Financial Reporting
- BU.520.601 Business Analytics
- BU.120.601 Business Communication
- BU.132.601 Business Law
- BU.131.601 Business Leadership and Human Values
- BU.220.620 Economics for Decision Making
- BU.231.620 Corporate Finance
- BU.350.620 Information Systems
- BU.410.620 Marketing Management
- BU.220.610 The Firm and the Macroeconomy
- BU.232.701 Investments
- BU.680.620 Operations Management
- BU.142.620 Leadership in Organizations
- BU.121.610 Negotiation
- Seven electives
Bloomberg School of Public Health (MPH)
- Environmental Health
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Public Health Policy
- Population Dynamics
- Intro to Bioethics
- The Tools of Public Health Practice
- Statistical Methods I
- Statistical Methods II
- Statistical Methods III
- Statistical Methods IV
- Social & Behavioral Core
- Public Health Biology Core
- Managed Care & Health Insurance
- Comparative Health Insurance
- MPH Capstone
- 14 MPH electives
Not sure if this is the right program for you? Learn more about our three most popular business of health-oriented programs to find the best health-related, full-time degree for your goals.
average signing bonus
average base salary
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Johnson & Johnson
- Kaiser Permanente
- Maryland Department of Health
- Memorial Sloan – Kettering Cancer Center
- Evidera (Pharmaceutical Product Development)
- ICON Plc
- L.E.K. Consulting
- McKinsey & Co.
- Simon-Kucher Partners
Alumni job titles:
- Associate Partner
- Business Development Consultant
- Deputy Branch Chief
- Division Chief
- Deputy Health Office Chief for Zambia
- Product Development Manager
- Senior Business Designer
- Senior Business Analyst
- Senior Manager
- Senior Consultant
- Innovations Advisor