Earn two degrees faster
By completing your MBA and JD at the same time, students earn both degrees in four years instead of five.
As a JD armed with business skills like leadership, business development, and negotiation, you will stand out in a crowded field of recent JD graduates.
Become a leader in law
This program was designed for students who want to pursue a leadership position in the legal field.
Two premier institutions
With an MBA from Johns Hopkins and a JD from the University of Maryland, you will benefit from the combined knowledge, network, and experience of two highly respected institutions.
The JD/MBA curriculum was designed for students who want to pursue a leadership position in their legal careers. The MBA curriculum will equip legal students with the skills they need to effectively lead and manage legal teams.
The Student Handbook provides access to information about services and resources for students as well as policies and procedures.
The 2022 edition of the Carey Business School University Catalog is available.
The JD/MBA curriculum is designed so students can complete two degrees in less time. The Johns Hopkins MBA is 54 credits, 12 of which may be applied from the JD program. The JD program is 85 credits, nine of which may be applied from the MBA. A JD/MBA student is required to complete a total of 118 credits.
Students in the program have two options for pursuing this degree. They can choose to start in the JD program or the MBA program, but they must complete the first year of coursework in one program before beginning coursework in the second.
Carey Business School (MBA)
- BU.930.632 Management and Organizational Behavior
- BU.910.610 Accounting Foundations
- BU.914.610 Business Statistics
- BU.930.633 Business Microeconomics
- BU.911.610 Marketing Management
- BU.910.611 Corporate Finance
- BU.913.610 Business Analytics
- BU.912.611 Operations Management
- BU.930.610 Effective Communication
- BU.912.610 Competitive Strategy
- BU.930.630 Solving Organizational Problems
- BU.940.611 Innovation for Humanity
- BU.913.611 Judgment and Decision Making
- BU.930.634 Financial Valuation
- BU.913.600 Experiences in Leadership
- BU.932.610 Ethical Leadership
- Experiential Learning requirement
- Discovery to Market
- City Lab
- Health Services Improvement
- Three electives
Francis King Carey School of Law (JD)
- Advanced Legal Research
- Civil Procedure, or Introduction to Civil Procedure (2) and Civil Procedure II, or Civil Procedure: Litigation Process and Civil Procedure: Jurisdiction and Judgments.
- Constitutional Law I: Governance
- Constitutional Law II: Individual Rights
- Contracts, or Introduction to Contracts and Contracts II
- Criminal Law
- Introduction to Legal Research
- Legal Analysis and Writing
- Legal Profession or Legal Profession Seminar
- Torts, or Introduction to Torts and Torts II
- Written and Oral Advocacy