MBA coursework is delivered online, allowing for busy students to complete their weekly assignments around a schedule that works for them.
This dual degree positions graduates to be exceptional at patient care and safety while also giving them the tools to lead and manage change in a dynamic industry.
Take this program as a full-time student and complete it sooner, or continue working full-time and enroll as a part-time student.
Take the lead
Offered within the MSN Health System management track, this dual degree builds leaders armed with the skills to manage complex problems.
The MBA/MSN in Healthcare Organizational Leadership is grounded in Johns Hopkins’ commitment to exceptional patient care and is complemented with a focus on management and administration, information technology, health policy, or case and population management.
The 2021 edition of the Carey Business School University Catalog is available.
With an MBA/MSN in Health Systems Management, you will crunch the data to guide organizational policy and priorities, while never forgetting the patient and family at the other end of every decision. You are a nurse who sees various means to only one end: better health care.
The MBA/MSN in Health Systems Management is a 65-credit program, in addition to 376 total clinical hours. MBA courses can be taken in person or online. Some online courses require students to attend in-person residencies. Learn more about residencies here. For more information on plans of study, visit the School of Nursing.
Carey Business School
- BU.510.601 Statistical Analysis
- BU.120.601 Business Communication*
- BU.210.620 Accounting and Financial Reporting
- BU.220.620 Economics for Decision Making
- BU.231.620 Corporate Finance
- BU.350.620 Information Systems
- BU.410.620 Marketing Management
- BU.520.601 Business Analytics
- BU.220.610 The Firm and the Macroeconomy
- BU.232.701 Investments
- BU.680.620 Operations Management
- BU.142.620 Leadership in Organizations*
- BU.132.601 Business Law
- BU.131.601 Business Leadership and Human Values
- BU.121.610 Negotiation*
- Six electives
School of Nursing
- Context of Health Care for Advanced Nursing Practice
- Healthcare Organizational Leadership Practicum I
- Healthcare Organizational Leadership Practicum II
- Healthcare Organizational Leadership Practicum III
- Leadership and Organizational Culture: Theories and Practice in Contemporary Healthcare
- Leadership Role Identity and Career Development
- Philosophical, Theoretical, and Ethical Basis of Advanced Nursing Practice
- The Research Process and Its Application to Evidence-Based Practice
*Online sections of Business Communication, Leadership in Organizations, and Negotiation also require students to attend an in-person residency at the Baltimore campus. Residencies for Business Communication and Leadership in Organizations are two and a half days each. The Negotiation residency is one and a half days.