Earn two degrees at the same time
By completing your MBA and MD at the same time, student earn both degrees in five years.
Become a leader
Develop the skills to be a leader in the medical community. The MBA curriculum is designed to create leaders who can navigate ever-changing marketplaces and economies.
Our MBA curriculum leverages experiential learning to develop skills like leadership, a global mindset, resilience, and entrepreneurship.
With an MBA and MD, you will be uniquely qualified among your peers to diagnose and treat complex issues vexing the health care industry.
The MBA/MD curriculum reflects the requirements and content of two degree programs: the Medical School Genes to Society curriculum and the Carey Business School MBA curriculum. Both are innovative approaches to education in their respective fields.
The Student Handbook provides access to information about services and resources for students as well as policies and procedures.
The 2022 edition of the Carey Business School University Catalog is available.
The MBA/MD curriculum is designed for students to complete two degrees in less time. The Johns Hopkins MBA is 54 credits, 12 of which may be applied from the MD program. Students are required to complete the entire MD curriculum to graduate.
There are two pathways for students wishing to pursue the MBA/MD dual degree program. Students can choose to begin their MBA coursework first, or students can matriculate through two years of the MD program before beginning their MBA coursework. Learn more about the MBA/MD pathways.
Carey Business School (MBA)
- BU.930.632 Management and Organizational Behavior
- BU.910.610 Accounting Foundations
- BU.914.610 Business Statistics
- BU.930.633 Business Microeconomics
- BU.911.610 Marketing Management
- BU.910.611 Corporate Finance
- BU.913.610 Business Analytics
- BU.912.611 Operations Management
- BU.930.610 Effective Communication
- BU.912.610 Competitive Strategy
- BU.930.630 Solving Organizational Problems
- BU.940.611 Innovation for Humanity
- BU.913.611 Judgment and Decision Making
- BU.930.634 Financial Valuation
- BU.913.600 Experiences in Leadership
- BU.932.610 Ethical Leadership
- Experiential Learning requirement
- Discovery to Market
- City Lab
- Health Services Improvement
- Three electives
School of Medicine
- The Johns Hopkins Genes to Society curriculum begins with a grounding in what we’ve learned from the Human Genome Project about human variability, risk, and the ability to modulate disease presentation and outcomes. The curriculum also draws on the wealth of knowledge in the social and behavioral sciences as well as public health and policy content, with an aim toward improving societal health outcomes.
Learn more about the School of medicine's revolutionary Genes to Society curriculum.
MBA/MD student driven by desire to create change
At A Glance
Tuition & Fees
There are numerous options for financing your education including scholarships, loans, and payment plans available to those who qualify. Learn more
Visit the How to Apply page for more details on requirements and instructions to help you prepare your application.
For more information on deadlines, visit the School of Medicine website.
tuition and fees
- $89,811 (MBA); $50,160 per year (MD)
- Fees: $500
connect with financial aid
Through the generosity of Dr. Andrew Klein, MD '79, MBA '02, Carey Business School has special funding for up to two $25,000 scholarships for MBA/MD students. Applicants will be considered for this funding in addition to other Carey scholarship programs.
You are making a significant investment in your future, and we have options to assist in paying your tuition. From scholarships to financial aid to payment plans, Carey Business School offers a variety of choices.
- Types of assistance
- Forms and helpful info
- Contact the Office of Financial Aid