Maqbool Dada joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 2009. He is a Professor in Operations Management & Business Analytics. He has a joint appointment in Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine, School of Medicine and is on the Core Faculty of the Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality. He has expertise in the areas of operations management, health care operations, supply chain management and pricing models.
- Ph. D, Management (Major: Operations Management, Minor: Operations Research), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
- BS, Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, University of California, Berkeley, CA
- R. Wang, M. Dada and O. Sahin, (2019), “Pricing of Ancillary Subscriptions,” Management Science
- Conley, W.K., et.al., (2018), “Using Real-time Location System Technology to Measure Process Flow in a Radiation Oncology Outpatient Clinic,” Practical Radiation Oncology
- K. Williams, C. G. Chambers, M. Dada, D. Hough, R. Aron and J. A. Ulatowski, (2012), “Using Process Analysis to Assess the Impact of Medical Education on the Delivery of Pain Services: A Natural Experiment,” Anesthesiology
- Y. Xu, A. Bisi and M. Dada (2011), “A Periodic Review Base Stock Inventory System with Sales Rejection,” Operations Research
- Dada, M. and Q. Hu, (2008), “Financing Newsvendor Inventory,” Operations Research Letters
- M. Dada, N. C. Petruzzi and L. B. Schwarz, (2007), "A Newsvendor’s Procurement Model with Unreliable Suppliers,” Manufacturing & Service Operations Management
- N. C. Petruzzi and M. Dada, (1999), “Pricing and the Newsvendor Problem: A Review with Extensions,” Operations Research
- P. Kumar, M. U. Kalwani and M. Dada, (1997), “The Impact of Waiting Time Guarantees on Customers’ Waiting Experiences,” Marketing Science
- Fundamentals of Health Care Operations
- Health Services Improvements I & II
- Analysis of Health Care Operations
Honors and distinctions
- Department Editorship IIE Transactions 2009 – to date
- Production and Operations Management, 2003-2005, 2020 to present.
- Decision Sciences, 2005 – 2018.
- Management Science, 2006 – 2008.
- Manufacturing & Service Operations Management 2009 – 2015