Evgeny Kagan's research lies at the intersection of behavioral sciences and operations management. His work studies a variety of operational contexts, which include entrepreneurship, product development, productivity and incentive design. Evgeny's research has been published in leading journals, such as Management Science, and he is a recipient of several research awards. He is also a co-author on a report commissioned by the Kauffman foundation studying entrepreneurial mentoring.
- Ph. D, Operations Management, Ross School of Business - University of Michigan
- M.Phil, Logistics and Information Systems, Erasmus University
- BS, Business Administration, Mannheim University
- "Ideation-Execution Transition in Product Development: Experimental Analysis" with S. Leider & W. Lovejoy. Management Science, 64 (5), 2018; pp 1975-2471
- "Equity Contracting and Incentive Design in Startup Teams" with S. Leider & W. Lovejoy. Management Science, forthcoming.
Works in progress
- "Passing the buck? Transfer decisions in services" with Brett Hathaway and Maqbool Dada
- "Dynamic Decision Making in Operations Management and Marketing" with Stephen Leider and Ozge Sahin
- "Entrepreneurial Market Research: When Hypotheses Outnumber Samples" with S. Leider & W. Lovejoy.
- Business Analytics
Honors and distinctions
- Winner, Best paper competition in Innovation Management 2017, EBS Wiesbaden
- Finalist, POMS College of Product Innovation and Technology Management (PITM) best student paper competition 2017
- Rackham Pre-doctoral Fellowship 2017 - 2018 (Awarded for outstanding doctoral research)
- Finalist, INFORMS Behavioral Operations working paper competition 2016
In the media
- Selecting, Recruiting, and Retaining Mentors for your Mentor Network
- Employee contract structures in startups can be determining factors of success