Evgeny Kagan, PhD
|Academic Area||Operations Management & Business Analytics|
|Academic Area||Innovation & Entrepreneurship|
|Areas of Interest||Behavioral Operations Management, Innovation and Product Development, Service Operations|
Evgeny Kagan's research lies at the intersection of behavioral sciences and operations management. His work studies a variety of operational contexts, which include entrepreneurship, product development, employee productivity, and incentive design. Evgeny's research has been published in leading journals, such as Management Science and Operations Research, and he is a recipient of several research awards. He has developed a new Business Analytics foundations course for the JHU Carey FTMBA program.
- Ph. D, Operations Management, Ross School of Business - University of Michigan
- M.Phil, Logistics and Information Systems, Erasmus University
- BS, Business Administration, Mannheim University
- "Ideation-Execution Transition in Product Development: Experimental Analysis" with S. Leider & W. Lovejoy. Management Science, 64 (5), 2018; pp 1975-2471
- "Equity Contracting and Incentive Design in Startup Teams" with S. Leider & W. Lovejoy. Management Science, forthcoming.
- "The Gatekeeper's Dilemma: 'When Should I Transfer This Customer?'" with B. Hathaway & M. Dada. Operations Research, forthcoming.
Works in progress
- "Dynamic Decision Making in Operations Management and Marketing" with Stephen Leider and Ozge Sahin
- "Entrepreneurial Market Research: When Hypotheses Outnumber Samples" with S. Leider & W. Lovejoy.
- Business Analytics
Honors and distinctions
- Best INFORMS Behavioral Operations Working Paper Award 2020 (Winner)
- Best INFORMS Technology and Innovation Management Dissertation Award 2018 (Runner-up)
- Best INFORMS Behavioral Operations Working Paper Award 2016 (Finalist)
In the media
- Selecting, Recruiting, and Retaining Mentors for your Mentor Network
- Employee contract structures in startups can be determining factors of success