Inside Look Into MBA/MA in Design Leadership
Smarter business by design
The world's greatest business challenges require visionaries with the courage to look beyond today for answers. In the MBA/MA in Design Leadership, you’ll master creative approaches to strategic decision-making—and you’ll learn to apply these skills to the most complex management challenges and business opportunities. Earn two degrees at the same time for less money and in less time—a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Johns Hopkins University and a Master of Art (MA) from the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA).
MBA/MA in Design Leadership is the only program in the United States where students simultaneously work to earn graduate degrees from both a business school at a major research university and a major college of art and design, both of which are recognized globally among the most innovative institutions.
Creativity bridges big ideas and the balance sheet
Students in the MBA/MA Design Leadership program aspire to be transformative leaders at the highest levels by developing a next-generation approach to management and problem solving. Their backgrounds vary widely, including business management, marketing, engineering, finance, art and design, architecture, fine arts, and other fields.
In this 20-month program, you’ll earn an MBA and an MA in Design Leadership through a program designed to grow valuable new skills in an accelerated format.
Studying in a cohort of peers, you’ll learn through hands-on experiences that immerse you in real-world situations. And you’ll emerge from the program with expertise in strategy formulation, audience targeting, research, and design thinking that’s driven by a collaborative and creative approach to problem solving.
MICA MA in Design Leadership (24 Credits)
- Foundations of Design Leadership
- Creativity and Innovation
- Cultural Relevance and Awareness
- Forecasting and Realization
- Sustainability and Social Responsiveness
- The Competitive Advantage I and II
- Intersections of Business and Design I and II
Johns Hopkins MBA (42 credits)
- Business Communication
- Business Leadership and Human Values
- Business Law
- The Firm and the Macroeconomy
- Economics for Decision Making
- Statistical Analysis
- Decision Models
- Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Corporate Finance
- Marketing Management
- Leadership in Organizations
- Operations Management
- Information Systems
- Carey Business School Elective 1
- Carey Business School Elective 2
- Carey Business School Elective 3
- Carey Business School Elective 4
- Carey Business School Elective 5
- Carey Business School Elective 6
For Academic Year 2018-2019
|Tuition||Application FEE||Matriculation Fee||Registration Per Semester||Graduation Fee|
(for entire 20-month program)
All fees are nonrefundable.
- Late Registration Fee: $250
- Late Payment Fee: $250
- Returned Check Fee: $35
- Payment Plan Termination Fee: $75
- Delinquent Account Collection Fee: 25% of the outstanding debt
#Of Students: 9
Avg GMAT: 590
Countries Represented: 3
The MBA/MA in Design Leadership program offered by the Carey Business School and the Maryland Institute College of Art is cited in this article from Young Entrepreneur.