Ko Wang, PhD (University of Texas, Austin) is a Professor in the Research Track at the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School from 2014. Prior to joining the Carey Business School in 2014, he served as the Newman Chair in Real Estate Finance at the Zicklin School of Business at Baruch College/City University of New York. Before Baruch, he served as a chaired professor of real estate at the Faculty of Business Administration at the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Honors and distinctions
- Editor, Journal of Real Estate Research, official journal of the American Real Estate Society, 1998-present
- (Founding) Co-Executive Editor, International Real Estate Review, official journal of the Asian Real Estate Society, 1997-present
- Co-Executive Editor, Journal of Housing Studies (In Chinese), official journal of the Chinese Housing Society, 2006-present
- (Founding) Co-Editor, Journal of Real Estate (In Chinese), official journal of the Global Chinese Real Estate Congress, 2014-present
- Fellow, Homer Hoyt Advanced Studies Institute
- Member, Real Estate Counseling Group of America (RECGA)
- Fellow, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Fellow, Pension Real Estate Association (RERI)
- Richard Ratcliff Award, from the American Real Estate Society, 2006
- Achievement Award, from the International Real Estate Society, 2000
- Su Han Chan, Ko Wang, and Jing Yang, "Presale Contract and its Embedded Default and Abandonment Options," Journal of Real Estate and Finance Economics 44, 2012, 116-152
- Su Han Chan, Ko Wang, and Jing Yang, “IPO Pricing Strategies with Deadweight and Search Costs,” Journal of Real Estate Research 31:4, 2009, 481-542
- Ko Wang and Yuqing Zhou, “Equilibrium Real Options Exercise Strategies with Multiple Players: The Case of Real Estate Markets," Real Estate Economics 34:1, 2006, 1-49.
- Su Han Chan, W. K. Leung, and Ko Wang, "The Impact of Institutional Investors on Monday Seasonal," Journal of Business 2004, 967-986.
- Ko Wang, Leslie Young, and Yuqing Zhou, "Non- Discriminating Foreclosure and Voluntary Liquidating Costs," Review of Financial Studies 15:3, 2002, 959- 985.
- Ko Wang, Yuming Li, and John Erickson, "A New Look at the Monday Effect," Journal of Finance 52:5, 1997, 2171- 2186.
- Su Han Chan, George Gau, and Ko Wang, "Stock-Market Reaction to Capital Investment Decisions: Evidence from Business Relocation Announcements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 30:1, 1995, 81-100.
- Ko Wang, Su Han Chan, and George Gau, "Initial Public Offerings of Equity Securities: Anomalous Evidence Using REITs," Journal of Financial Economics 31:3, 1992, 381- 410.
- Su Han Chan, John Erickson, and Ko Wang, "Real Estate Investment Trusts: Structure, Performance, and Investment Opportunities", Oxford University Press: New York, 2003, 352 pp. (Translated into Chinese by Hongyu Liu and Ying Hwang, Economics Science Press, Beijing, China, 2004, 288 pp. Translated into Korean by Young Ki Ro, Cha Soon Cha and Yin Su Kim, Pak Young Sa Publishing, Seoul, Korea, 2005, 375 pp.)