Inside Look Into MS in Business Analytics and Risk Management
Previously known as the MS in Enterprise Risk Management, the MS in Business Analytics and Risk Management degree provides graduates with the tools and knowledge to:
- Develop a thorough understanding of risk.
- Protect shareholder value by managing the downside of risk.
- Position the organization to better leverage the upside of uncertain outcomes
- Increase supply chain responsiveness and resilience.
- Effectively communicate across firm boundaries regarding risk management.
- Develop and implement a crisis management communications plan.
- Thoroughly assess insurance needs.
- Develop plans to protect reputation, information, financial assets, and personnel.
- Improve decision making at all levels of the organization.
The MS in Business Analytics and Risk Management can be completed full-time at the Carey Business School's Washington, D.C. center.
The full-time, 36-credit MS in Business Analytics and Risk Management includes the following courses, but course sequence and availability of specific electives may vary. Students must consult with an academic adviser to ensure that they take courses in the approved sequence.
Descriptions for the following courses can be found in the JHU Student Information System Course Search.
Business Foundations Core (18 credits)
- BU.210.620 Accounting and Financial Reporting
- BU.913.610 Business Analytics
- BU.120.601 Business Communication
- BU.131.601 Business Leadership and Human Values
- BU.231.620 Corporate Finance
- BU.350.620 Information Systems
- BU.410.620 Marketing Management
- BU.680.620 Operations Management
- BU.510.601 Statistical Analysis
Functional Core (6 credits)
- BU.520.620 Advanced Business Analytics
- BU.510.650 Data Analytics
- BU.610.625 Simulation and Strategic Options
Electives (12 credits)
Business Analytics Electives
- BU.520.710 Big Data Machine Learning
- BU.450.760 Customer Analytics
- BU.330.780 Data Science and Business Intelligence
- BU.610.630 Insurance and Risk Management
- BU.300.620 Managing Complex Projects
- BU.230.730 Managing Financial Risk
- BU.610.730 Supply and Service Contracting
Risk Management Electives
- BU.132.601 Business Law
- BU.231.720 Corporate Governance
- BU.610.705 Crisis Management
- BU.330.730 Cybersecurity
- BU.520.701 Enterprise Risk Management Frameworks
- BU.230.750 Financial Crises and Contagion
- BU.610.750 Global Supply Chain Management
For Academic Year 2018-2019
|tuition||application fee||matriculation fee||registration per semester||graduation fee|
*cost reflective of entire 12-month program
All fees are nonrefundable.
- Late Registration Fee: $250
- Late Payment Fee: $250
- Returned Check Fee: $35
- Payment Plan Termination Fee: $75
- Delinquent Account Collection Fee: 25% of the outstanding debt
Discover all you need to get started with your Carey application. Visit our How to Apply page to learn more about the process, requirements, and more.
- Official transcripts from all U.S. schools must be sent electronically. All U.S. transcripts must be from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Please visit your school’s website to request an official transcript and be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that transcripts are required from all schools where 15 or more transfer credits were earned. Final transcripts must show the degrees you have earned. An admission decision may be delayed if you do not send transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- If your school does not participate in an electronic transcript submission system, send official sealed transcripts to the address below:
- Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
Office of Admissions
100 International Drive
Baltimore, MD 21202
- Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
- 2 Essays
- One letter of recommendation
- GMAT/GRE scores - requirement varies by program.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for non-native English speakers. A waiver request form can be found on the online application.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or 410-234-9220.
|Round 1||Round 3||round 3|
|Application Deadline||October 31, 2018||January 9, 2019||April 3, 2019|
|Carey Decision Date||December 18, 2018||March 5, 2019||May 2, 2019|
|Deposit Deadline||January 16, 2019||March 28, 2019||May 23, 2019|
Find more information about our program deadlines.
Our Career Development team is committed to providing opportunities for you to build professional skills and competencies that are essential for success in the career search.
Graduates of the MS in Business Analytics and Risk Management have gone on to start or advance their careers in operations and logistics. Employers have included:
- General Motors
- International Monetary Fund
- Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Proctor & Gamble
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC)
- U.S. Department of Defense
The most recent MS in Business Analytics and Risk Management career data is available here.
#Of Students: 39
Avg GMAT: 670
Countries Represented: 4
The risk of data breaches at U.S. hospitals is associated with larger facilities and hospitals that have a major teaching mission, according to a study co-authored by Johns Hopkins Carey Business School Assistant Professor Ge Bai and published online today by JAMA Internal Medicine.